Mon, Wed, Fri vs Every-Other-Day??

AaronAziz

Ok, so I have read a good chunk on HST, and I did a cycle/am 7 days into my first SD... I didn't do the M, W, F routine... I did an every other day routine, because it's sort of the prime point in HST (hit the muscles every 48 hours to keep up protein synthesis, IGAF-1, etc. etc... Is there anyone else who has done this? Is it required to take 72 hours between each week? I'm not reading anything that says it's done for a reason, so I'm think it's for simplicity's sake, but idk... Anyhow, I did Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun, Tues, etc. and I got awesome results, so I'm thinking it works fine...

Every other day is, in my opinion, superior to 3 days per week. I average 4 days per week. Muscles have fully recovered their ability to grow through protein synthesis from 36 to 48 after a workout. The closer you keep to that, the more growth potential taking into consideration, the amount of volume you do each workout.

If we want to extrapolate from the available research it might be best to continue to add days per week (increase frequency) as we become more advanced. Protein synthesis duration becomes shorter (16-18 hours) in advanced.
Could be one reason gains slow considerably after the first year or two of training. So moving from 3 x week to 4 x week > 5 x week > 6 x week full body with 2-5 sets per muscle group as the years go on?

That's a question by the way ;) I haven't tried it myself as I'm actually happy with my size (being the Bruce Lee fan/resident here!)

One reason gains slow considerably after the first few years of sensible hypertrophy training (assuming good nutrition) is because your natural hormone profile will only support so much additional lean muscle tissue. After a few years, any extra gains will inevitably be hard won as you get closer to your genetic potential.

The biggest naturals, and strongest naturals, perform some kind of training on a 5-6 days per week basis.

I tend to support a 5-on/2-off or 6-on/1-off structure rather than 'every other day', as the former will give you a more easily defined macro-structure within the confines of our 7-day week (why we use 7 days in a week is a joke).

8 day week, 2 day break on odd weeks, 3 day break on even weeks - 31.25% rest days per 14, as opposed to current 28.57% per 14 days. Our current 'first world' society has the lowest % of leisure time in human history.

Also, ave 45x 8 day weeks, and one 5 day week at end of the year. Keep the leap year thing, we aren't making up 1/4 of a day anymore simply than we already do.

EVER going to be considered in the history of the world? Nope.

Pretty sure we only use 7 day weeks because 7 is a magical number in many ancient religions.

Pretty sure we only use 7 day weeks because 7 is a magical number in many ancient religions.

Yes, that's why. Same reason they invented 'indigo' as being the 7th colour in a rainbow. For some reason, 7 was the popular number of the day. Despite the fact that it's a mathematical black sheep.

Back