Most embarrassing moment......

lcars

ok anyone up for this? the most embarrassing thing you have done in the gym.

well i started at a new gym a while ago.i went from a gym that had virtually no machines at all, the one im in now has tons.

anywho i arrived at what i thought was a shoulder machine and began to warm up on it. i sat down put my arms upto the grab handles,realising the seat was way too high although it was on the lowest setting. anyway i tried pushing the machine upwards in a shoulder press fashion and it didnt budge. my god this things heavy. i got up and went to lower the weight and to my horror realised it was a tricep machine where you push the bars down
blush.gif

unfortunately the machine was positioned infront of the counter where the gym owner and all his mates were stood, i slid from under the machine and made it look like i was doing some strange warming up type thingy.

the machine was somewhat similar to this.

anyone else do anything daft?
legend_selectorized-tricep-dip_944.jpg

blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif
i bet your face looked like this mate
biggrin.gif
haha.

in the 70s the local gym had a lot of home made equipment (wouldnt be allowed now) the dip bars was 2 peices of wood coming up from the floor with anther peice across to keep them together,like a H shape then it had two scaffolding poles going from the top of the H to the window sill,and screwed down.

i went to do dips one day and stood on the peice of wood that went across,the hole thing shot back and landed on a guy doing bench-press behind me smashing his glasses,imagine the law suit nowadays.

<div>
(faz @ Apr. 19 2008,4:54)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">
blush.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif
i bet your face looked like this mate
biggrin.gif
haha.

in the 70s the local gym had a lot of home made equipment (wouldnt be allowed now) the dip bars was 2 peices of wood coming up from the floor with anther peice across to keep them together,like a H shape then it had two scaffolding poles going from the top of the H to the window sill,and screwed down.

i went to do dips one day and stood on the peice of wood that went across,the hole thing shot back and landed on a guy doing bench-press behind me smashing his glasses,imagine the law suit nowadays.</div>
dude that is crazy,what do you say to that? lol

there must be alot of experiences like this out there.

remember the old treadmills that were open at both ends,they had two sides,with the controls on the sides.

the council gym i used to go to had 7 of these in a line right infront of a massive mirror on the wall,one of them was faulty,you had to switch it of at the mains (plug) then switch it back on.

one day i got on it,and the guy next to me was running all out full pace,it wouldnt start so i bent down and turned the switch of not realising someone had swapped the wires over into different sockets,so i switched his of by mistake
blush.gif
he ran straight into the mirror
laugh.gif

AAHAHA! I'll bet he never did believe you did that by mistake either!
I guess mine was the classic unsecured bench press plates. I used to do it because I didn't use spotters and the benches had no safety pins. I aborted one day with a lot of plates on...and after all the crashing noises and sliding plates came to a standstill, I racked the empty bar, jumped up and yelled &quot;YEAH!!!&quot;

Luckly I haven't had anything like any of this stuff happen to me.....yet.

As I mentioned in another thread. Spotters=useless in almost all cases. I am amazed how many people squat outside of a rack when there is obviously a rack available in their gym. The same goes for thumbless grips for benchpressing. Unless you don't have thumbs you should be rapping them around the bar!
wow.gif

I was warming up for squats at a Ballys with 135lbs and for some reason instantly lost all back tightness while I was deep in the hole. Instead of just getting squashed under the bar, I lost my balance backwards. I end up dumping the bar towards the back corner of the cage, rolling out underneath it, and flopping onto the floor. As I was laughing at myself, three people rushed over asking if I was okay. That one is probably the worst for me.

Oh yeah there was another where I walked into a wall trying to avert my gaze from the multitudes of naked old guys walking around in the locker room.

Heck, I use stuff backwards on purpose! My favorite thing was standing on the machine bench press (in socks) and using it for shrugs. Put enough plates on there and nobody says anything.

the crotch split out of my shorts today at a University gym.  I finished my workout anyway...  but I know for a fact that a couple people noticed it.

edit - should be noted that I had briefs on and they were the same color as the shorts.

<div>
(fearfactory @ Apr. 21 2008,9:55)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">the crotch split out of my shorts today .......finished my workout anyway... but I know for a fact that a couple people noticed it.</div>
this happened to me when I fell off the treadmill......and I was asked why I was wearing corduroy underwear......actually, I wasn't wearing underwear at all
blush.gif

<div>
(Bulldog @ Apr. 19 2008,12:43)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">The same goes for thumbless grips for benchpressing.  Unless you don't have thumbs you should be rapping them around the bar!  
wow.gif
</div>
Thumbless grips help to clean out the gene pool...

<div>
(TunnelRat @ Apr. 22 2008,10:03)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(Bulldog @ Apr. 19 2008,12:43)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">The same goes for thumbless grips for benchpressing. Unless you don't have thumbs you should be rapping them around the bar!
wow.gif
</div>
Thumbless grips help to clean out the gene pool...</div>
i use thumbless grips for tricep pushdowns,cgbp and shoulder press. however my hands are like shovels.

<div>
(lcars @ Apr. 22 2008,10:36)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(TunnelRat @ Apr. 22 2008,10:03)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(Bulldog @ Apr. 19 2008,12:43)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">The same goes for thumbless grips for benchpressing.  Unless you don't have thumbs you should be rapping them around the bar!  
wow.gif
</div>
Thumbless grips help to clean out the gene pool...</div>
i use thumbless grips for tricep pushdowns,cgbp and shoulder press. however my hands are like shovels.</div>
You also don't risk dropping huge amounts of weight on your chest or abdomin doing push downs.  Close grip bench presses....possibly but I think the risk of the bar rolling off your palm in a CGBP is a lot less than a heavy regular bench press.

I just remembered another one. Years back when I like to jog, a friend and I from the gym were out at the local park, just thumping along the paths, and came out on this area where there are a bunch of baseball fields. Running along the road, we watched a few as we passed, but when we came to the GIRLS softball match, well, we just had to take a detour around the fence, all the while ogling the coeds.
Well, halfway around the field, without noticing, we had run into mud, and it was all up our backsides, hitting us in the head to the butts...AND THE DANG GIRLS NOTICED US right then...we slunk off into the woods to the sounds of tittering laughter...
sad.gif

While I was jump roping outside today, I hit myself in the face (left eye to be specific) with the ropes after my last rep.

Whoa.
laugh.gif

<div>
(quadancer @ Apr. 22 2008,7:03)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">we slunk off into the woods to the sounds of tittering laughter...</div>
Tittering laughter...? From the girls...?

I suppose it's okay if they have big titterings...
wink.gif

Back