New Deadlift Max

• Thread starter imported_drpierredebs
  • Start date
I

imported_drpierredebs

Yes- I pulled 185 kg tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Glorious Day!

Wow! Congrats!!! I'm hoping to pull 300 lbs by year's end. Way to go!!!

I assume that's your 1RM. Great to hear!!

My 5RM is currently at 270 lbs, but after my next cycle, I will be doing some strength-training, and 300 seems like an easy goal - you and me e^i*pi

Yes, 1RM Max.....and it is all because I stopped benching 3 months ago
cool.gif

For the past two months:
Mondays/ Fridays: Front Squat 3 x 10, Bent Rows 3 x 10, Standing Military Press 5 x 5, Close Grips Pull Downs 3 x 8
Wednesdays: Front Squats 3 x 3, Deads 5x5, Bent Rows 3 x 10, Standing Military Press 4 x 5

3x 10 is 3 sets of 10 reps

I do about 50 -100 Pushups spread throughout the day with those funny little floor handles

Big congrats Doc! You will be holding your head high tomorrow. The big 500 is in your sights now. I'm after it too.
biggrin.gif

Congrats, that's a big pull.

Even if it were a little pull. A PR IS A PR and one should be proud of it.

Congrats again.

<div>
(quadancer @ Feb. 28 2007,23:09)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Wow, the little doctor is tied with me! I gotta get busy!  
biggrin.gif
</div>
I guess 6 foot 2 inches is little nowadays
biggrin.gif

<div>
(stevejones @ Feb. 28 2007,23:15)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Congratulations !

How was benching messing up your deadlift ?</div>
It wasn´t. I was trying to be funny. But I haven´t benched in a Long, long time.

<div>
(drpierredebs @ Mar. 01 2007,02:08)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(quadancer @ Feb. 28 2007,23:09)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Wow, the little doctor is tied with me! I gotta get busy!  
biggrin.gif
</div>
biggrin.gif
</div>
I may be wrong, but weren't you recently about 180-something pounds (I think that's 81 kilos?). If so, at 6'2&quot;, that's an impressive lift for sure! But perhaps not, since you use your legs more than most all of us, but I found out at that weight it's a LOT on the back!
I'm 5'11&quot;.

<div>
(quadancer @ Mar. 01 2007,11:17)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
(drpierredebs @ Mar. 01 2007,02:08)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
biggrin.gif
</div>
biggrin.gif
</div>
I may be wrong, but weren't you recently about 180-something pounds (I think that's 81 kilos?). If so, at 6'2&quot;, that's an impressive lift for sure! But perhaps not, since you use your legs more than most all of us, but I found out at that weight it's a LOT on the back!
I'm 5'11&quot;.</div>
My goal weight is 80 kg. This morning I was 85Kg. I was 97 kg just b4 Xmas.
I used the calipers last night and calculated 10.5% Body fat. I think I am more around 12%, but I got the 4 pack showing and just from &quot;body survey&quot; fat pinching test, I thinnk it is reasonable for me to drop another 5-8kg of pure fat.

Yes, I use my legs ALOT and even though I am somewhat tall, somehow deadlifting is real easy for me biomechanically speaking.

I am not a huge person, but I think I manage a good balance in regeneration, nutrition and central nervous system management. I do bent rows every workout and since switching to front squats, my back strength as skyrocketed.

If it is any consolation, after pulling 185 I almost collapsed from dizzyness and a feeling as if my head was a echo/delay camber as everything was going &quot;boing, bing, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz&quot; for about 10 seconds. I sleep like a rock last night and had the WIERDEST dreams.

I woke up this morning expecting pain that never showed up.

drpierredebs,

congrats on the deadlift.
when you originally posted i was close to ending my current cycle and was tempted to write then to say i was shooting for over 400lbs (for hopefully more then 1) as well. decided against posting then as i thought it would be better to post what ive done rather then hopes and plans.

well i did get over 400. 420 to be exact for 4 reps. i didnt try for any singles since i didnt think it would be much higher. i think hamstrings (and some quad) are showing themselves to be the weak link in my DL. if i can get the wgt 6-8&quot; off the ground its going up, and usually for reps (the whole momentum thing). put another way, the 1st 6-8&quot; of a 430-440 single would have been way harder then the 4 reps of 420.

anyway thats not why i wrote. i typically dont max out at the end of cycles. they usually die out from fatigue, soreness etc. the wgts are usually higher then they've been prev. but typically im just too burnt for serious max efforts. your post inspired me to plan a max day/effort when i felt the end was near. i was pleasantly surprised with the added focus/apprehesion that it added to my w/o's this late in the game (6-7th week of 5s/negs).

again, congratulations and thanks for the posting.

Back