New HST cycle after a few years of home training

seemore

Weight: 79kg (174 #’s)
Height: 185cm (6’1”)
Ectomorph

I started back weight training back at a gym 4 months ago. It was full body 3 times per week and I was just getting used to using gym equipment again and slowly building up lifts and plateaued, so now I am in the process of 2 week SD and a new HST cycle. I had been using the iso-lateral hammer strength machines a lot because my right shoulder and bicep are lagging the other side. I thought that this would even things out, but it has made only a slight difference. These are the only obvious imbalances.

I had been trying to lose weight and now during my SD I have gone low carb and low calorie (Shangri La diet for appetite control) & using psyllium husk fibre before meals to bulk out the stomach and slow digestion. I have done some cardio to lose the last bit of fat, but not as much as usual and I’m concentrating more on the low calorie aspect (working wonders). I’m down just over 3 kg in the first week of SD.
Before returning to the gym I was doing calisthenics, pull ups (BW + 10kg) and TRX suspension training at home for 3 years. I have done HST a few times before (first one in September 2007). I do a lot of Thai Boxing training and only stopped riding my road bicycle to work about 6 months ago (changed work arrangements), I go running with my dog as well (kills two birds with one stone) only about twice a week now.

As far as supplements for training go, I started creatine for the first time ever just before I started SD and I have been taking tongkat ali 1g three time per day for months.

I have attached my HST cycle. Weights are in Kilograms.

HST Cycle.jpg

Good solid beginner's program and exercise selection. You might want to work up to 3 sets of 5's as you progress. Maybe alternate dead lifts with squats.

I would suggest you forget all the diet stuff. You need to eat, not shed weight unless your goal is to look like a skinny male model. Forget the "morph" labeling nonsense. You can become whatever you want to be by setting your goal and training and eating to accomplish that goal.

Good lifting!

O&G :cool:

Reactions: Lol
Once you start to put on some muscle you will want to avoid trying to lose weight during SD, you will just sabotage your strength and hypertrophy gains.

OK, I was just trying to lose that bit more before jumping into my first structured HST program in a while. I only have 4 days left and then I will take pics and do a full log with measurements throughout. I might even get some excel graphs going.

^ok I'll take that on board in future.

I've finished an 11 day SD and had my first session today. I have taken photos and taken measurements, including skinfolds for abdominals, hip and quads. See you in 8 weeks.

Like Tot said, never cut on SD...
Your body will eat itself if you're not lifting!
Typical diets are for losing weight, not necessarily just fat.

Back