Newbie girl with HST - training day's in arow

nico

I am a newbie with HST way of thinking and yesterday I just found this new site and forum. I'm interested with trying the HST way of training, it will be really different with what I am doing, training the muscle only once a week only. So I am ready to give it a trial but now I have probably some questions.

The times allow that I can invested is 3 times a week or 4 times a week, BUT on all Friday, Saturday and Sunday I can not train.

So my little concern, if I am understanding well, is that a muscle need at least 48 hours before being train again?

Would it be okay if I train on: Monday, tuesday and thursday .

Is everybody are training twice or day and is it okay to train my whole body each day of Monday, tuesday and thursday.

Thank's for your help

Nico,

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]So my little concern, if I am understanding well, is that a muscle need at least 48 hours before being train again?

It's more the other way around; most muscle keeps growing for about 48 hours after training, that's why we train every 48 hours. In HST, it is not considered necessary for the muscle to "recover" completely.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Would it be okay if I train on: Monday, tuesday and thursday .

I trained on saturday, sunday, tuesday for a year or so. It's probably somewhat less effective then leaving 1 rest day in between, but hey.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Is everybody are training twice or day and is it okay to train my whole body each day of Monday, tuesday and thursday.

I think most HST-ers train 3 times a week, once a day.

Good luck,

Rommeke_

Hi Nico. Welcome to HST. I am sure you will be pleased with this style of training.

Don't worry about 48 hours of rest. I am currently training full body (with just 4 exercises) twice per day, 5 days per week and the results are great. So, you can certainly train full body M, T and Th. However, since you will have F, S and S off, I think it would be best if you trained M, W and Th if possible to take advantage of the additional rest days and ease back into working out on Mondays and then having a rest day. Alternatively, you could work out all 4 days. Remember though, as you increase frequency, you need to decrease volume to compensate. Let us know what your plans are and the rouine you expect to follow and we might be able to give you some additional pointers.
thumbs-up.gif

Thank's so so much for your reply. I was really concern about the 48 hours rest. So it mean that while you are saying it is okay, probably not the best training 2 days in a row, I will enter into the HST training.

Another question. I am currently cutting now. I just finish a cycle bulk of 4 months. My current stat is 5'6 - 129 pounds - BF 17.2% as per my Omron tools. My current goal is reaching 13% BF so it mean that I will have to reach a BW of 121 pounds. On My last end cycle cut I did reach 120.8 pounds with a BF of 13.8%. Hum.... I just gain 3.2 pounds of LBM while adding 5 pounds something of fat.

While doint HST 1 x 15 - 2 x 10 and 3 x 5 as per the guideline program for a start, now I am just wondering if I should not do something like 2 x 15 - 3 x 10 and what's about the last cycle. I would really like to know what will be the best way of thinking while doing HST and being on a cut.

I really do appreciate your imputs.

Many thank's

Nico

OH. another questions. Should I keep all compounds exercises or I should incorporate some isolation exercises.

Thank's again

No worries mate, if I were you I'd copy the basic HST prog, and fiddle maybe just a little with it to suit yourself.

It's also a good idea to list what exercises you've done in the past, and pick the exercises from that, and comparing it with the basic HST.

List then what you think you'd like to do, and we'll pick it apart for you :)

Here's my newbie thread, I edited the first post with the things I learned on the way to make it easier to explain. You can also check the HST for dummies thread on the basic exercises forum.

S.

Back