No text formating when posting

grunt11

I think the forum updated something because I noticed that some of us are having problems with the text in our posts not having any formatting. I’m not sure if this will work for the rest of you but I figured out how to fix what happened to me.

Go into “Settings” (top of the page) > “General Settings” (left side under My Account) > scroll down to “Miscellaneous Options” and under “Message Editor Interface:” changed my selection to “Standard Editor.” The “Enhanced Interface” had been selected. I imagine switching to “Basic Editor” would also solve the problem of text not having any formatting when posting.

This didn’t fix the lack of formatting on the previous post I made but it was simple enough to go into edit and fix it and my signature which also got jacked up since I changed it the same day.

FYI
The browser I’m using is Firefox v5.0 on a fully updated Windows 7 machine.

same issue here...
You can also just tag your post... if you toss a br inside of a few greater than/less than brackets... at the end of every line that should take care of it. (I tried to write out the tag but it removes it thinkit it is code.

You mean like this?

Code:
 <br>

You have to use the “code” tags or it parses it, but personally I’d rather just deal with it once by changing editors.

Good catch, grunt. I honestly had no idea what was going on, apparently I've always used the basic editor or something.

Back