NO2 vs Creatine

abyss

Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on NO2? I know its relatively new and have heard mixed reviews on it... also how does it compare to creatine or when used with creatine?

I''ve used creatine and had good results, although 1 thing i didnt like was when i cycled off i felt like i lost a good portion of the weight i gained...basically leading me to realize that the majority of the weight gained is just water weight. so just lookin into some other supplements like no2.

I appreciate any feedback!

NO2 stimulators such as L-Arginine and other suppliments like that do help improve blood flow and vascularity.  Supposedly this increases nutrients to the muscle and helps with growth.  Suppliment manufacturers have their studies that show how they increase muscle growth, real scientific studies have shown that they are no better than placebos for muscle growth.

Creatine has a couple of different mechanisims like effecting ATP and moving more water into the cell, along with the water goes nutrients, this leads to full muscle cells so they are stronger, ready to grow, able to lift more weight, causing more actual muscle growth of real muscle, not just the water gain that creatine does contribute to.

Of the two creatine has been scientifically proven to work for most people.  It's cheaper and proven effective.  NOS is more expensive, unproven, and suspected not to work.

NOS type supps have also been suspected to increase test levels because some men have noticed increased sex drive, better sex, and are also used by the penis enlargement crowd.  They actually do not increase test, they just improve blood flow and vascularity.  Think of how the penis works - hence these supps are good sex aids for some people, and are somewhat effective for the PE workout crowd.

For the muscle workout crowd...not so good.

vagrant hit the nail on the head. Creatine vs NO is no contest. Creatine is scientifically proven through many trials to be effective. It's pretty much the only supplement out there that has demonstratable effects and is legal.

Thanks for the detailed input! I figured as much.. I've done alot of research on creatine and know that its clinically proven. NO2 is much newer however so wasnt as informed on that.

I've been planning on using the arginine and leucine combination for the increased bloodflow alone. It's cheap when you buy the buckets of powder (you get like 300 days or something) and it is now supposed to help cholesterol levels somehow. I don't believe that it actually increases test either, but it couldn't hurt a workout to have better circulation, something that decreases with age. (and cholesterol)
I know they are antagonists with each other, but somehow the leucine helps the arginine work better? That's what a report said anyway.
About $45.00 for 300 days....=$ .15/day.

as a side not NO2 is poisonous and will kill you...not to be nit picking but...

Yea i like the NO plus creatine mixed supplements.

Oh and one thing you can't say about creatine is that it will give you a better hard on! gotta love the NO!

In theory:
Creatine+NO2+Sugar(for the insulin spike)=Superior results compared to creatine and sugar alone.

I have to agree with the theory as i take Gaspari Superpump. If you try it on an empty stomach and then have a pre-workout protein shake, you should be able to do a whole lot more than usual. I know this is true through experience

It has to be taken for a couple weeks though to really benefit from it.

After a while though, you might start to notice a little bit more pimples than normal...I am 17 and I get a little more blackheads than normal.......Thank God I am blessed with not having pimples or i would stop taking it.

Yeah that is the problem, it is a new supplement so there is a lot of skeptism. The main thing Arginine helps with is vasoldilation and that is the only viewable results.

It is not a new supplement, it's been around a long time. The reason there is so much skepticism is because it does nothing to help muscle growth. Unlike creatine.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Oh and one thing you can't say about creatine is that it will give you a better hard on! gotta love the NO!</div>

Actually the NO2 will do that thorugh vasodilation
biggrin.gif

Back