Optimizing the summation effect

ratty

I, and im guessing alot of others must workout mon, wed, fri..

Now we know the anabolic effect of training lasts for no longer than 48 hours..and there is evidence of a summation effect if you workout within 48 hours of your last workout..

ive been working over the summer so my workouts have been at about 5pm but in a couple of weeks ill be going back to uni (college for the yankees reading) and my training will be more flexible..

Im just just wondering if anyone has tried to maximize the summation effect by working out say for example mon evening around 7 or 8 or as late as possible! then wed around 4 or 5pm and fri maybe around 9 or 10am..obviously you would need alot of flexibility to to train like this but was just wondering if anyone has tried this out..if my schedule allows it i may consider training this way.....

TBH i dont think there is a definate time for protein synthesis to peak or return to baseline, anywhere from 16hrs to 72hrs have been quoted,the more conditioned you are the least time it lasts supposedly.

so does that mean you can train every 16hrs if you more conditioned
rock.gif
its something i am trying out at the moment not 16hrs but 24hrs.

<div>
(faz @ Sep. 02 2008,3:20)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">so does that mean you can train every 16hrs if you more conditioned  
rock.gif
 its something i am trying out at the moment not 16hrs but 24hrs.</div>
Hey, Faz .... Any update on your high frequency trial?

didnt do it for as long as i wanted,had to have knee op.

wouldnt say it was massive success,but it meant i didnt need much cardio
biggrin.gif

Back