Ordered first HSN protein supp today

Calkid

I've already ordered some HSN:cre but I figured it was time to finally get some of the flagship protein. I ordered one jar of driver from www.1fast400.com. Very reasonably priced, and from what I hear they ship quickly, so I look forward to enjoying my first HSN protein in 2-3 days.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Calkid @ June 23 2003,1:05)]I've already ordered some HSN:cre but I figured it was time to finally get some of the flagship protein. I ordered one jar of driver from www.1fast400.com. Very reasonably priced, and from what I hear they ship quickly, so I look forward to enjoying my first HSN protein in 2-3 days.
both primer and driver are absolute top notch quality. it borderline pisses me off that bryan isn't filthy rich for all that he's already given the bodybuliding world.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mikeynov @ June 23 2003,2:45)]both primer and driver are absolute top notch quality. it borderline pisses me off that bryan isn't filthy rich for all that he's already given the bodybuliding world.
"Rich" can mean a lot of different things. Believe me, anybody with any bit of wisdom would tell me from looking at all the good friends I have here and at home that I'm already rich.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bryan Haycock @ June 23 2003,11:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (mikeynov @ June 23 2003,2:45)]both primer and driver are absolute top notch quality. it borderline pisses me off that bryan isn't filthy rich for all that he's already given the bodybuliding world.
"Rich" can mean a lot of different things. Believe me, anybody with any bit of wisdom would tell me from looking at all the good friends I have here and at home that I'm already rich.
sort of like george bailey in 'it's a wonderful life?' one of my favorite movies...

even so, it'd still be appropriate if you could enjoy these friends in the back of your $10M home while sipping on a martini that one of your host of countless butlers has just brought you next to your thrice-olympic size, gold-plated swimming pool :)

What am I missing here? Why didn't you order the protein from this site, Calkid?

And Bryan, can you please clarify the creatine cycling report in your last newsletter?

Randy

I was hoping Bryan would chime in on the creatine cycling thing so I asked again.

But what about ordering primer/driver from this site? Are there some issues I'm not aware of?

Thanks,
Randy

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Randy @ June 23 2003,9:43)]I was hoping Bryan would chime in on the creatine cycling thing so I asked again.
But what about ordering primer/driver from this site? Are there some issues I'm not aware of?
Thanks,
Randy
no issues as far as i know. if you buy it directly from hsn via the website, that's money in bryan's pocket, mostly. if you buy it from somebody who carries hsn, that demand will mean hsn products will continue to be features. which, again, is money in bryan's pocket. so i'd think either/or would be just fine if you're trying to 'hook a brother up!'

No offense to anyone, but let me ask the obvious question then. Why would you WANT to buy the products at another site rather than this one? Are the product prices and shipping costs cheaper? And if so, why?

Randy

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Randy @ June 23 2003,10:24)]No offense to anyone, but let me ask the obvious question then. Why would you WANT to buy the products at another site rather than this one? Are the product prices and shipping costs cheaper? And if so, why?
Randy
Well...at 1fast400 it is cheaper. It's about 28 for driver and 22 for the primer (prices rounded up). So as you can see it's cheaper. Bryan still gets some profit, but as a consumer why pay extra? Also, the shipping for 1fast is great. I usually get it within 2-3 days if I enter the right zip code. Sometimes I accidentally enter another cities zip code and takes about a day longer to get. I don't know how I could be so stupid, but it happens.

I've also order P & D (among other stuff) from 1fast400. Great prices, service & quick shipping. Flat rate 5 bucks for shipping. I use them exclusively.

And you'll really like the P & D. I also use Optimum 100% whey for day-to-day use, it's a lot cheaper, but use the P & D around workouts.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Randy @ June 24 2003,12:24)]No offense to anyone, but let me ask the obvious question then. Why would you WANT to buy the products at another site rather than this one? Are the product prices and shipping costs cheaper? And if so, why?
Randy
Another site, a mega-store, can be more efficient than Bryan can. Bryan has a limited product line, a limited inventory, a limited capacity to process orders, etc. A mega-store can have a well-automated sytem with cheap warehouse space in West Bumblefudge, and advantageous shipping agreements with major carriers.

Bryan will make less money pre order, BUT if people patronize other stores to buy Bryan's products, it keeps those other companies buying HST products. As long as they stock HST products, other shoppers going to those sites get exposed to HST. . . and most of those people would never come here to look for HST products. Every time someone gets a glimpse of an HST produce on a shelf or a web page, it helps build brand awareness. In advertising parlance, it increases the number of eyeballs Bryan's products get, and eyeballs build the brand.

I'm sure Bryan would be thrilled if he couldn't sell a can at a time any more, because he was too busy selling by the pallet to GNC and every other major chain!

So you have your choice -- buy from Bryan, he gets your dollars per order. Buy from others, Bryan gets more bulk sales from other vendors.

You can also do something I do -- keep asking for HST products at stores that you know don't carry them!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] edziu, Posted on June 24 2003,9:28

You can also do something I do -- keep asking for HST products at stores that you know don't carry them!

thumbs-up.gif

I want to order the HS:pRO Advanced Protein System, but it seems to be not possible from germany :-( ...

Bryan, a direct question for you:

Do you prefer us to order straight from this site, or to order it from other sites, thus making them keeping it in their storage?

Also, I live in Sweden. Is it possible to buy straight from Blade? Isn't he Norwegian?

BTW, I already have an account with netrition.com

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Why would you WANT to buy the products at another site rather than this one?

It boiled down to cost. 1fast400 was $27 for some driver, and here it's $40. I'd love to help Bryan more directly, but I'm not swimming in money right now.

Although I think this is intentional to some degree. In response to the question, "why is it more expensive from the HSN site," in addition to the reasons Edziu mentioned, Bryan also made it deliberately more expensive to avoid undercutting unaffiliated distributors, something which apparently would be bad business.

Yeah, I ordered my Primer and Driver on Tuesday. I guess at 1fast they labeled the address wrong or something...I don't know how I double checked the shipping address and it's correct...and I was supposed to get it today, but I have to wait until tomorrow which makes me a little mad. I like to workout in the morning, but I have to wait until it's delievered.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Zack @ June 26 2003,5:46)]Bryan, a direct question for you:
Do you prefer us to order straight from this site, or to order it from other sites, thus making them keeping it in their storage?
Also, I live in Sweden. Is it possible to buy straight from Blade? Isn't he Norwegian?
BTW, I already have an account with netrition.com
I would never ask you guys to buy direct from this site just so I made more money. Don't forget, I'm a supplement buyer myself and like you guys, I'm not swimming in money either so I look for bargins whenever possible. I want you guys to be able to get Primer and Driver at an affordable price as possible.

I'm working on getting HSN into as many countires as possible. But its a complicated and expensive process with each country having its own import regulations. Shipping alone, even to stores, is outrageously expensive.

As mentioned above, the thing that helps most is asking the stores you use to carry HSN products. That shows them that there is a demand and they will contact me about carrying them.
thumbs-up.gif

You really have to shake the driver up really well to get it to mix. I use a hand mixer to do it, personally. Less waste that way. But I've also found that using HSN protein has given me much better gains than the standard stuff.

Back