Ramen Noodles

I ate them in college when I was poor and didn't really care what I put into my body.

The noodles themselves are a fine source of carbs, bascially the same as pasta (I prefer wheat pasta myself now), but the flavor packets on the other hand . . . oh boy!

One packet of that crap probably has 20% - 25% of your daily sodium requirement. Could be chopped full of MSG too. I'd spare the flavor packet - replace it with a low sodium alternative or at least try using half the packet for every full serving of noodles.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoSox @ Jan. 20 2005,3:56)]food is good for bulking.
Good point... I guess I was just trying to "clean bulk." I read alot of places on this forum that it was better to do that than just eat alot of filth, but I really don't care about fat gain as i'm not going to the beach any time soon ;)
Soooo, would I achieve the same muscle mass gains using HST from just eating alot of stuff without regarding fat content (but getting sufficient protein/carbs of course) as I would from clean bulking? Or is there some other advantage of clean bulking besides the minimal fat gain?

Before going on a ramen diet, it might be good to realize that those instant noodles are not the same as regular pasta. They are made by extruding noodles into oil for a quick deep-fry that sets them into cakes. Combined with the sauce packets, they aren't the best things for any diet. Personally, I would rather have something that tastes better and is "healthier."

As far as clean bulking is concerned, I figure it is all broken down by your body, so it all doesen't matter where it comes from. Your digestive system might have to work harder, but it eventually works out. It is kinda like eating tons of meat for creatine or eating lots of tomatoes for glutamate. It all depends if you care about the extra intake of fat/calories. Purity of any food product seems to be most beneficial on your wallet than anything else.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I have not seen any credible studies that say otherwise.

Back