Recent update

Joe.Muscle

Hey guys just thought I would post a recent update thread.

I have been cutting for summer as usual...I am weighing in a little bit lower than I would like and as usual when you cut you loose a little muscle mass but all in all I am going to stay the course.

I am starting to think even at a low bodyfat..My genetics just are not up to par for abs...so after this summer...I may say the hell with it and just bulk ...bulk and bulk. Anyway comments or suggestions would be great not sure to keep cutting or stop and got to maintenance or bulk. All opinons welcome!

You're very lean Joe! As far as abs are concerned, you seem to act like you have none when yours are in clear sight!

Well thanks Colby...I never have really "trained" abs...but I would think I am pretty lean...thats why I posted the pics to see if you guys would tell me differently.

Its good to have a neutral opinoin.

The thing is if I can't have abs when lean...then I am going to go for BULKY Route!

I can easily carry 25 more pounds and keep a flat stomach if you know what I mean!

I think he means that they are just flatter than most. You seem pretty lean to me; cutting more is going to give you striation, vasculation and all, but not really going to show much more beef IMO. I'd bulk, depending on where you are regarding your training cycle.

Great Foundation with lots more potential. Slow bulk!
cool.gif

Current Stats.

44 inch chest
16 inch arms EDIT*** original typo 16 inches is correct.
31 inch waist

at 8% bodyfat....I am thinking if I put on another 25 pounds I should be able to get those measurements up about 2 inches?

Does that sound right?

Looking good Joe.

I love the little dbs beside the crib. You're starting Joe Jr. off pretty early!  
biggrin.gif

Re stats: if you add 25lb you'll probably find your waist goes up more than the other measurements. Even if fat doesn't deposit on your abs it'll probably sit around your lower back.

Looking good. Keep cutting! Don't stop until you have striated delts and pecs. Now thats hardcore. (easy for me to say, I am currently a fatass that can't seem to stick to my diet lately.)
laugh.gif

Looking good. I think you'd have to continue to cut and lose more weight if you wanted to get the abs to really show. You don't have a big gut, but there is still fat around the belly button area that you could lose. Any idea what your skinfold down there measures? That's the best way to track how close you are to clearly visible abs. Keep in mind also that you didn't have the best lighting available in those pictures to show things. I mean, it wasn't terrible lighting, but you could have done a few tricks to make things more visible.

Thanks Tot,

I do have a skin fold but I haven't used it...I have just used my hand held bf% calculator.

Thanks for the REALITY check though...what I may call lean is still 7 to 10 pounds away from ABS...(if there is any).

Anyway if I lose the additional weight I will post some pics.

Thanks again for the honest answers!!!

Joe, do you squat much? Only asking because your pins look a little, um, underdeveloped compared to your upper body. Of course that may just be the pic - can't see much of them anyway. However, if you don't squat (or dead) much I think your core development will suffer. I expect you do loads of ab isos though in which case it's probably a combination of genetics, a bit of excess fat and lighting. Remember Salvador Ruiz? Freaky abs with low fat!

salvadorruiz1.jpg

Joe, I'm not saying you're wrong or anything, but can't help but notice that we are SO different at the SAME stats - here's a pic of me before Christmas last year with 17's and 44 inch chest...and my usual 38" ghut...
Mostly the arms - maybe your limbs are longer than mine, but I'm 5'11". You?
I have the same problem with legs; they get strong but won't get big. Boxer shorts are only gonna make 'em look smaller. I'd bet a better pic would make a lot of difference for you. I really didn't realize your stats were that good at my last post; maybe more cutting is the ticket, as the guys said.

The stats are right give or take a small amount for error.

EDIT*** I just realized I have 17 inches down instead of 16 inch bicep...typo should be fixed now everything else is correct!

I am measuring the biceps correctly you can’t mess them up.

And chest measurements are right across the pecs in the middle…this measurement doesn’t seem to change a lot with a bulk or cut.

Arms defiantly change a lot with added weight.

So does the waist size.

Lol…I don’t squat hardly any at all…to be honest I just do leg presses…I never have desired to have a big squat or big legs so its never been a priority of mine. ( just being honest).

The last real squatting I did was 13 years ago in school…I did box squat over 500 pounds but I was using horindous form  and cheating big time with a spotter! So most likely at best my squat would be around 300 pounds give or take (who knows) when I was younger.

Best lifts over the course of my lifting days have been.

Squats somewhere in the 300 pound area?
Deadlifts??? I don’t remember
Bench press 335 or 125 pound dumbbells for reps ( before pec injury).

Quadancer,

My goals have basically been just to continue to look and stay healthy. I don’t have the time or energy to Bodybuild anymore.

I get motivated and want to go all out but that changes with career, family…etc.

So basically for me its been doing a full body routine 2 to 3 times a week at moderate volume levels of 24 to 36 reps per muscle group with 1 exercise per muscle group.

Normally my workouts look like
Chest 24 to 36 reps depending if I am going heavy or light.
Back the same
Shoulders 10 to 20 reps
1 set for biceps and triceps
And Normally 3 sets of Leg press at anywhere from 10 rep max to 20 rep sets.

That’s basically all I do guys for  2 to 3 times a week not conventional hst b/c I don’t have the time …but I basically try to beat my last lift on a lift every week or every other week its normally on a 24 rep day that I do that!

When I say Im going to bulk it just means Im going to eat more burgers French fries and etc…while keep my protein at .7 to 1 gram per  pound of bodyweight.

I hope this gives everyone a better idea of my situation for comments / critiques?

Thanks!!!

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I get motivated and want to go all out but that changes with career, family…etc.</div> Ha! I feel ya man! I just eat, hit it hard and hope not to miss workouts...then see what happens, which is mostly hitting this wall again and again. It really takes consistency to a fault for most of us to gain at competitive levels. That puts most of us working slobs out of the equation.
Ya know what else I've thought of lately: naturals. Not many of us get really all that big, even some of the young and consistent guys. You wanna get freaky, you gotta do freaky things. *prik.*
Your goals are sensible. Still, I shoot for the stars as I can, in order to hit the moon.

<div>
(quadancer @ May 28 2008,5:26)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Ya know what else I've thought of lately: naturals. Not many of us get really all that big, even some of the young and consistent guys. You wanna get freaky, you gotta do freaky things.</div>
Yeah, tell me about it. I don't have freaky genes so being a natural will always leave me feeling like a wannabe bber. Still, at least we know where we stand; continuing to push for progress, however limited, is the order of the day. Funny thing is, after the last two and half years of HST I'm now 50lb heavier than I was but I still don't feel a whole lot different. I reckon I'd have to get to 230lb without too much fat to feel like I'd made some real progress. Even if I had the hormone levels to support that kind of mass, I don't know if I could keep up the calorie intake necessary to maintain it.

Back