Setting up my new cycle, four days a week

KingKenny

Just finished with my first HST cycle. Really impressed with the results I have gotten (New set of jeans due to squats..). Now I am deconditioning for 10 days and cant wait to start my new cycle.
My previous cycle was; Squats, SLDLs, Wide grip chins, dips, seated rows, benchpress, pushdowns, ez biceps curls, lateral raises, shrugs, crunches (weighted)

New cycle:
My new cycle is four days a week. Goal range is 30 reps per muscle group on upper body, 60 on lower body. 3 weeks on 15 reps, 3 weeks on 10 reps and 3 weeks on 5 reps. 9 weeks in total,

Mon/Thu:
Squats
Leg extensions
MON: BB Benchpress // THU: Weighted Dips
DB flies
BB triceps extensions (skullcrushers)
Shoulder press

Tue/Fri:
Straight leg deadlifts
Barbell bent over rows
Close grip pulldowns
1 hand bent-over dumbell row
BB biceps curls

What do you guys think of the overall setup of program?
I am thinking too much stress on the triceps. They are lacking behind, and I am thinking this much stress wil either give me the results i want, or give me injuries. (?)
I am also thinking about changing the flies into dips in the 5 rep period. Or should i stick with the DB flyes?

Post your thoughts, any input/criticism is appreciated :)

- Kenneth

Last edited:
I am thinking 2, weeks 15s, 2 weeks of 10s, 3 weeks of 5s & 3 weeks of triples. During 5s and 3s add metabolic sets for main muscle groups.

I'd alternate bp and dips and use flyes for a met-set. Actually, I'd probably just use strong-range partials for bench or dips to get a really good burn. Flyes are good as a stretch-point movement though. Might be fun do a set of flyes too.

Same thing for squats and leg extensions. Squat heavy and them use extensions for a met-set.

And again: use SA DB rows for your met-set once in the 5s. It's actually surprising how heavy you can go for a higher-rep set of these.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input! I agree about the weeks, your suggestion sounds more reasonable. And i have never tried 3s, so that could be fun :)
Alternating dips and BP is something i didnt think of, but that I'm gonna do.
About the met sets: Say in 3s, i go 3x4 in squats, 3x12 or something with the leg ext for metabolic work?

Just a single met-set for main muscle groups is all that's really necessary. Just make sure you're getting to that lactic acid, muscle-burn threshold. Really go for the burn like you would during 15s. Much easier to get to that with isos but if you use strong-range partials for compounds then you should get a similar experience due to occlusion in the working muscles. Keep the reps going and don't lock out until you are done, otherwise the effects of occlusion will not be as dramatic/joyful! :)

Back