3 for legs
4 for back
2 for biceps
2 for triceps
1 for traps
2 for calves
2 for abs
and 3 for shoulders

I should do exactly this? Do most of you guys do this routine that was provided? Like specifically, this amount of sets. Thanks

fearofthedark

I would if I wer you, take note that is during the 10's, so in the 15's I would do half of the amount recommended.

During 5's and this was discussed, do less the 1st week and then add more the 2nd week.

When we recommend the vanilla method we are saying use it as a guideline, to build your own, so do just that.

Basically use the exercises that are in there and you can refer to the FAQ e-book for qty of sets per rep scheme.

Heya :)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I should do exactly this?
Not a rule, but you can do that and get great results, especially if you are not a very experienced lifter.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Do most of you guys do this routine that was provided?
Well... it's impossible to say since we have 5200+ members, but from the board activity, I'd say: Not really. We did, when we first started, we just tried it out, saved us time to figure out how to apply HST principles into a solid routine.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Like specifically, this amount of sets.
Nothing special about the amount of sets.
1.) They should just be enough.
2.) The sets should be what you are used to, not less. If you've been lifting for a long time (say 7 years), and what's normal for you is 10 sets of chest a week, then you should do at least that.

If what you are confused about is "how much" you should do, then we're going to be talking about volume of work. And the simple rule there is simply do as much as you can as long as you don't compromise your ability to train more frequently (for example by avoiding failure and by just not overdoing the exercises)

Regards,
-JV

Back