Starting 1st Cycle

Thrakkorzog

Hi All, I spent all last week finding my 15, 10, and 5 rep maxes and I'm ready to start the cycle. Can you take a look at my exercises to be sure I'm hitting everything. I do Tae Kwon Do twice a week, and I want to run 30 minutes 3 times a week. I was planning on doing the HST training right before the run. Dumbbell Bench Press, Dumbbell Military Press, Dumbbell Curls, Leg Press, Dip, chin-ups (palms facing body), Lat Pull-downs, Back extension (body weight only), Running 30 minutes. I weigh 165 lbs with around 15-20% body fat. My first goal is to lose 10 lbs of fat and gain 10 lbs of muscle. Also, I'm using the dumbbells because I don't have a spotter. The rest of the exercises are on machines. Thanks!

Last edited:
I have my last workout for the 15's today. My weight is remaining pretty constant - I may have lost a pound, but I don't know if its water weight or what. My pecs and biceps are looking a bit more defined, but nothing dramatic has happened yet. Maybe all the cardio I'm doing is slowing my other progress, but I have to run or my taekwondo suffers. So far I've been doing 2 sets of 15 reps for each exercise, which was hard to finish last time. Hopefully I'll make it through my workout today so I can start over on the 10's. I'm going to go through the whole cycle before I make any judgments, and hopefully the 10's and 5's will give me some real results.

Back