The most depressing and funniest thing I've read

wannagrow

haha guys
laugh.gif
, I just stumbled across this:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006....=slogin

I could not imagine such a thing would happen, of all places, in a GYM. God, what is the world coming to?

it was more than a year ago. Many people on this forum have joined only recently, after the story was discussed. If its old news for you, then you can read some other thread.

No worries Wanna, most training related news articles will probably get talked about here. If you spot something interesting that happened a while ago it's probably worth doing a search to see if a thread shows up.

It was a crazy thing to happen. Seems the link for the vid still works if you want to get really mad at Planet Fitness; just listen to the fitness guy interviewed and the stoopid reporter. I'm just really glad PF isn't the only choice for me.

Years ago I worked out in a great free weight only gym that was basically in a guys garage. The only machines were a pulldown machine and a leg press. After a few years the owner sold the gym and the new owners moved into a bigger building and went more commercial and it turned into a place for people to hang out and chit chat while they drank their expensive carbo drinks and did curls for two hours while hardly breaking a sweat. What a great gym that turned out to be.
rock.gif

Our local powerlifters actually opened up a PL gym around here. I haven't been there yet, but plan to see it at least. A rare thing nowadays?

<div>
(quadancer @ Jun. 16 2008,10:07)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Our local powerlifters actually opened up a PL gym around here. I haven't been there yet, but plan to see it at least. A rare thing nowadays?</div>
I've been thinking of it here and there, starting my own gym and calling it Iron and Chalk or something like that. Probably get shut down because people felt threatened by the name.

<div>
(xahrx @ Jun. 16 2008,11:44)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I've been thinking of it here and there, starting my own gym and calling it Iron and Chalk or something like that.  Probably get shut down because people felt threatened by the name.</div>
It is a nice idea, just make sure you make a market analysis in your region to see if there are interested people. You need enough members at least to break even with the costs.

<div>
(electric @ Jun. 17 2008,8:06)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">It is a nice idea, just make sure you make a market analysis in your region to see if there are interested people. You need enough members at least to break even with the costs.</div>
Yeah, you will want to try to attract both of the powerlifters in your area...
wink.gif

Back