Time to put myself out there...

chiefhog

Well, I've been patrolling these forums for awhile and have been posting for several weeks. I've decided to post a couple of pics just to let you all know where I am at in my conditioning. Keep in mind that I am 6'5" and built like a cheetah, not a bull!
Here we go. *winces*

I forgot to mention that I am in my 1st week of 10s of my first ever HST cycle. I like what I've seen so far... Here's another pic:

Hey

No one's gonna laugh at ya! :confused:

I wish I had your definition, looks pretty cool, why the scribble over the face? Anyway so much for anoniminity :???

All you have to do is add up some meat, and so far the frame looks good, there is already a fair amount of build.

The pose does not do you justice as the lats get hidden, making the all muscular pose, requires a lot of muscle so rather stand and fling the lats or just stand and let it all hang out!

Looking good mate! You are not going to struggle with abs I see, and that always make anyone look pretty good, flab in that area is terrible to get rid of!

Go for it cheetah, you may want to come down to South Africa and see a real one up close and personal, what an animal!
thumbs-up.gif

you're crazyyyy lean!

I agree with Fausto, all you have to do is add more mass! you're looking good and ready for some HST growth :)

Thanks for the replies. I've never posed before, so forgive the "n00bness" of my poses. I have really dialed in my diet in the last 2 months and it certainly has made a mark on my physique. I am steadily adding mass to my looonnng frame. It's a little tougher for us tall guys, muscles just dont look as big.

I have a goal of competing in a BB comp sometime next year. Even if it is in an open class. I just want to do it for the accomplishment. Maybe I'm out of my mind, but when I put my mind to something, it's over. I just do what it takes.

I wish I had some before pics. I have really tightened up and added some beef to my frame. Since I started HST (just 3 wks ago), I have really seen my growth kick into high gear! I cheated and measured my arms the other day and have added almost 3/4 in to my arms since the beginning of my cycle!

dont laugh are you kidding me :D ...man you look awesome already and you have just started...good job.

I would say you look great, but I understand how it is everyone wants to be bigger..lol :confused:

As for critique you are right on track i would say just keep eating clean like you are doing...and just add in some extra clean bulking calories when you do decide to bulk. I would go for a slow bulk with your bodytype...I am sure Old and grey will back me up on this one.

Also it looks as if you hav the physique that will be real long and lean...so take advantage of it and keep hitting those weights hard. With a foundation like this I can only imagine what you will look like 6 months from now with proper diet.

good luck and you look great!
thumbs-up.gif

Dude, once again, you make us arkansans look good again!!!
I think you are cutting up right nice. And i am pretty dern sure ain't nobody gonna laugh at you. have you been listing to Adam Sander? "They're all gonna laugh at me"? Just kidding.
Just keep adding muscle, and you will only look better. I wish i was that lean!
Gr8 job! Keep up the good work!
b0x

The funny thing is that I am not cutting. I'm also doing absolutely no cardio and still am adding weight. My bf just hasnt increased. I guess that's a good thing. I'm eating 3600 cals every single day (well over my maintainence), though I am thinking of upping that a bit in light of everyone's comments.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]As for critique you are right on track i would say just keep eating clean like you are doing...and just add in some extra clean bulking calories when you do decide to bulk. I would go for a slow bulk with your bodytype...I am sure Old and grey will back me up on this one.

I'm kinda hoping O&G will throw in his $.02.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I think you are cutting up right nice. And i am pretty dern sure ain't nobody gonna laugh at you. have you been listing to Adam Sander? "They're all gonna laugh at me"? Just kidding.

I can hear that in my head now!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chiefhog @ July 26 2005,5:52)]The funny thing is that I am not cutting. I'm also doing absolutely no cardio and still am adding weight. My bf just hasnt increased. I guess that's a good thing. I'm eating 3600 cals every single day (well over my maintainence), though I am thinking of upping that a bit in light of everyone's comments.
You have any idea what your BF is right now?

I know what you mean about being tall and long. I'm only 6'1 which isn't crazy tall or anything, but with my long legs and arms, it makes it a pain in the butt. I have 15 inch arms and they don't look anywhere near as big as they would on a shorter guy. You definitely are starting off with a good base right now. I agree with the others, do a slow bulk, maybe 1-2 lbs a week. You've got great definition, though I would start doing some ab work. I think your bodyfat is low enough, but I think you could use some more size in your abs to really make them show.
I think your pecs are pretty decent already, so what I would be trying to target primarily, if I were you, would be shoulders and lats. You want overall mass, of course, but if you got some more meat in your delts and lats, I think you would look awesome.

I like the computer in the background with no cover. That's what most of mine look like. Taking the cover off all the time is just too much of a bother.

Chief,

Keep up the good work and positive attitude. Don't be frustrated about your height either a lot of people wish they were your height. Once you achieve your goals your gonna look even bigger because it will be on a 6'5 frame!

Joe G

Totentanz: I agree about the abs, they should be showing more at my bf (which is about 9.5% at the moment). I've recently stepped up my ab training to address this issue.
About the caseless comp: I have a couple of comps I'm always tinkering with. Besides, its like 105 degrees here with really high humidity. Hard to keep my cpu temps down when I'm gaming.

Believe me, I want to add as much mass as I can naturally over the next few years. You know how it is: get a little taste of results, you only want more.

I REALLY appreciate all of the great feedback. This forum is filled with the greatest folks on the Web!

HI Chief

Keep it up mate, just pack on the mass...and remember you cannot, should not put that ion fast forawrd, let it be natural, it may take some time, but when it's ther it'll be to stay! :D
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I have 15 inch arms and they don't look anywhere near as big as they would on a shorter guy.

Tot, agreed, however for me being 5'6", I can only look at most at 17" and that is if I get there, after that I'd look like HULK or even Hellboy and I ain't happy with that.

As for you guys over 6", you can look forward to 20" and still look proportional that is the other side of the coin.

The other day I found this site, cannot remember the name, that gave predictions of possible genetic aspirations, and they called it Grecian proportions, sounds just like what I am after (proportion has been the one thing I always aspired to have not putting on as much mass as possible and ending up looking like a half backed gorilla)
laugh.gif

Lately the BB'ers of today look nothing like the guys before, the only thing different they have on stage is their faces, as for their bodie each guy's trying to put on as much mass as he can and looking fairly terrible if you ask me.

Ciao

Hey Chief. Looking good Tonto! You have, in my opinion, the perfect body type to do a slow but continuous bulk. With a caloric excess of just 500 calories per day, you could be awesome in about 2 years. Remember though, you have to recalculate your maintenance every couple of months as it will increase with your added body weight. By the end of the first year, what was a 500 calories excess could, in fact, actually become a small defecit. I'd say go up about 8 to 10% from your beginning excess every month or so.

Good luck! It will be fun to watch your progress so be sure to keep us posted. ;)

Thanks for your reply O&G. I'll update my progress as I go along and post my final before and after measurements (with pics) at the end of my cycle. I am pounding the food every 2-3 hrs and doing the work I need to do in the gym in order to reach my goals.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fausto @ July 27 2005,2:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The other day I found this site, cannot remember the name, that gave predictions of possible genetic aspirations, and they called it Grecian proportions, sounds just like what I am after (proportion has been the one thing I always aspired to have not putting on as much mass as possible and ending up looking like a half backed gorilla)

I found that site as well as well: http://www.sandowmuseum.com/ideal.html

I don't know if that's the same site, but thats the one I found.

Praxus

You're a star, that is the exact site, It was so long ago I definitely could not remember.

Thanks

i'm a greek god!!
not really, but i'm pretty close according to that site above.
most of my measurements match the ones listed there.
ME GREECIAN IDEAL
height = 5'8" 5'8" to 5'9"
neck = 16.5" 17"
biceps = 16.5" 16"
calf = 15.5" 15"
chest = 45" 44"
waist = 34" 32"
thigh = 26" 23.5"
ok, so my waist is a little rounder, and my thigh's way too big, but overall it's pretty close huh?
crazy.gif

now if only i these stats meant something to the ladies...

Those Grecian proportions, in my opinion, aren't realistic for most people. Or at least not for me. According to it, my neck, calves, thighs and waist are too big, and my chest is way too small. Some of the measurements it gives me I probably can't even attain unless I use steroids, so I don't know... I think that genetic potential formula posted a while ago was much more realistic.

Back