Training Log: Pierre

• Thread starter imported_drpierredebs
  • Start date
I

imported_drpierredebs

The biking season is over: I finished the Transalp Race which was 8 consecutive marathons for a total of 660 km and 20, 000 climbing meters. I will do this again next year as well because it was the a friggin blast.

So it is back to a regular weight lifting schedule. I will keep doing at least 4 hours a week of low intensity biking to keep my endurance/Aerobic levels from dropping too much. My goal is to get down to around 6% BF and keep it stable. I am currently around 8.5% and I am having no problem with staying at this level. I see some extra fat that should go away and I assume it is about 2-3%.

My thighs are too strong for my goals and I don´t want them any bigger so I will only squat once a week and this only as a front squat with light weight. This cycle, which I will run from now until X-mas, I want to concentrate on my Shoulders and back. I saw a very nice results with tons-o-chins.

My first round will look like this and should last for about 2 months.

Mondays:
Front squats-Bent Rows-weighted chins

Tuesdays:
Body weight chins

Wednesdays:
Deads-Standing Military Presses-Standing Dumbell Rows

Thursdays:
Body weight Chins, hypers

Fridays:
Power Cleans-Incline Dumbell Presses

Saturday-Sunday: off

Front squats, weighted chins: 10 x 3
Deads, Power cleans,  bent rows, Mil.Presses: 5 x 5
Dumbell Rows, dumbell incline presses: 3 x 10
Body weight chins: 10 x 10

I´ll post in the weights when I establish my new 1 and 5 RM and starting pics when I get back from vacation. We are going to Liguria, Italy.

and yes, I am still "paleo-like" with regards to nutrition: It has become automatic.

Youyr workout looks really great. Very basic and simple, but efficient. I like your routine alot actually. I might try doing more frequent bodyweight chins also.

Great to see you are starting a log Doc. And great to see you are going to be doing power cleans. Not sure how experienced you are with these? If you aren't then watch those wrists. Mine took a real hammering in the racked position so, in future, I am always going to do some wrist flexion and stretching before a clean session.

Is your WO HST or another variation? I'm not sure because of the different starting rep ranges. It looks pretty good doc.

LOL: I got the power clean movement down solid. I practiced for the last 4 months with light weight, i.e 55kg. Now I will start increasing the weight, slowly.

Colby: To start, it is not really HST. Depending on the results after two months, I may switch over to something closer to HST, at least for the shoulders which although strong, relatively speaking they are too small compared t my whole upper body. My back is growing faster and it will start to look a little odd if the shoulders do fill out.

Congrats on a great biking season, Doc! Welcome back!

I hope the new cycle does what you expect for your delts and back!

I am back from a two week holiday on the Italian riviera and I managed to not eat one piece of pasta, bread or pizza. Every morning I had ten egg whites/two egg yolks, a handful of walnuts, 4 peaches, 4 nectarines. Actually, I ate about 2 kilos of peaches and 2 kilos of nectarines throughout the day as they were in season.
Lunch and dinner was always Roast beef, Bresaola or steak, tomatoes and veggies.

I ran 2 days about 10 km each day and then remembered I don´t run and stopped. No biking. 50 Pushups 3x a week and 50x Pullups 3x a week.

That´t´s it.

I am clocking in at 83 kilos to start this cycle. I gained some weight as I basically vegetated on the beach and my energy output was couch potato level.

Why can´t I post a pic?

<div>
(drpierredebs @ Aug. 19 2007,15:56)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Why can´t I post a pic?</div>
Must have exceeded the maximum body hair per pixel bandwidth!!!
biggrin.gif
(just kidding)

I'm also glad to see you put up a log , especially as I see some 10x3 in it ( one of my personal favorites). Good luck and glad to see you had a nice holiday.
smile.gif

Monday 20Aug2007: good workout. Legs hurt today.

Front Squat: 10 x 3 x 55kg
Bent Row: 5 x 55, 5 x 60, 5 x 5 x 75 kg
Close grip pull downs: 5 x 81, 86, 92, 100 kg (I am switching to weighted chins after 2 months)

Heavy close grip pulldowns are basically an abdominal/biceps workout!

Back