Triceps every day?

jww13

Would doing 2 sets of triceps on my alternate day help or hinder growth? They seem to be lagging so I wanted to increase frequency. I'm currently doing them 3 days per week and want to increase to 6 days per week.

Is 24 hours enough recovery time since I'm only doing 2 sets each day?

Recovery can be highly individualistic. 24 hours is considered the minimum amount for recovery with most people requiring more. If you know you recover fast you may want to give it a run although I would suggest that rather than training everyday have you should try increasing tricep volume on your workout days instead. You may also want to try increasing the weight. Maybe try one of these (increased volume or increased weight) methods at a time though so you can find which one is most effective for you.

Recovery can be highly individualistic but  24 hours is considered the minimum amount for recovery with most people requiring more.  If you know you recover fast you may want to give it a run although I would suggest that rather than training everyday have you should try increasing tricep volume on your workout days instead.  You may also want to try increasing the weight.  Maybe try one of these (increased volume or increased weight) methods at a time though so you can find which one is most effective for you.

I increase the weight with every workout, following HST principles. I have read that increasing frequency is more effective than increasing volume, and by adding extra sets on my alternate days, I would be increasing frequency AND volume.

Anyone else have experience with adding frequency/volume for a lagging body part?

If you're doing 6 sets of triceps a week, then 6x 1 is better than 3x 2. Make this the first change, and be sure to give it at least til the end of a cycle before you gauge any success from it.

Remember they appear slightly flat some days as they'll be a bit glycogen starved.

Workin' out every day can become more of a chore (mentally) - why not try a morning Triceps workout? If you can't get to the gym try the old bench dip/close grip push-up; that way you'll still get a "clear" day for recovery etc.
I've actually started to double-up workouts on Friday; 2pm & 9.30pm, which makes the weekend less of the ol' "I'm gonna lose muscle" (due to the extra days rest) and makes the monday workout look a lot easier...

I'm already doing 6x a week HST with 2 separate days. It wasn't a problem for me last cycle because I'm at college and I look forward to going to the gym each night :)

I suppose I'll try doing triceps 6x a week and see what happens. I do skullcrushers on main days, but I might try some type of pressing movement on the alternate days.

Thanks for the help!

Back