Ud 2.0 & hst?

I'm going to run the Ultimate diet alongside my next HST cycle (which starts tonight) and I wondered if anyone has any experience of UD 2.0 and cared to share any learnings?

From a little search on here the doesn't seem to be much information around UD, so I'll also be keeping a full, factual record in my log (along with pictures) to track progress and see how it works. I did a dry run on the wife 2 weeks ago and whilst she's not in the lower body fat category that the UD recommends, she did drop half a stone in 2 weeks, so I'm I'm hopeful this diet will shrink a few inches off my gut and show the gains I made from my las cycle on my back and chest a little better. It'll also shrink me down before I start bulking over winter again.

I know a slower bulk would probably be better, but I'm fortunate in that I can drop weight quite quickly, but struggle to put it back on (healthy weight that is).

So, anyone have any tips? It's also my first time cutting whilst still training...

You can't really do hst with ud2.0 since it requires you to do the depletion, tension and power workouts. You could aim to progress each week ala hst but ud2.0 relies on glycogen depletion and supercompensation which you only get if you follow both the diet and the prescribed routine.

By the way, don't do squats for depletions. It sucks bad. I know.

By the way, other than myself, I know lol and mikeynov both have used ud2.0 successfully in the past. Lol has it in his log somewhere.

Did ud2 for 8 weeks leading up to my holiday this year. previously I was using leangains but stuck at 11 % bf. In 3 weeks managed to get to 7 % bf and actually increased lbm and strength slightly too. So it is very effective.

3 weeks in felt like **** though and fell of the wagon slightly. Put another 5 weeks in but it didnt have the same bang for buck as when i first started. Think I got conditioned to the serverity of it after few weeks and big improvements ceased to come.

Next time I would do 3 weeks on 1 week off. Kind of like SD, think that would work best for me.

Its a savage diet though and makes you really tired and takes up lots of time. Would use it again but really effected other areas of my life.

Back