Wedding ring while lifting

<div>
(jdreich @ Jan. 15 2007,06:04)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Do you guys use your wedding ring while lifting?</div>
nope

I voted. Nope. It hurts too bad. I work out at home, so I don't have to worry about sending inappropriate signals at the gym.

I voted no because I don't anymore. I used to though until it fell off in the lake during a triathlon. After getting divers to recover it my wife put it away and I don't wear it anymore. It has fallen off a couple of times that were rather inopportune. Once, it even came of when I removed my gloves to put on new ones while examining a woman in labor. That was pretty embarrassing because of where it landed.

Everyone around here knows I'm married so it doesn't matter if I wear it or not.

What are you guys worried about all the ladies hitting on you left and right?

I suppose with those huge slabs of man-meat how could they risist??
biggrin.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">
What are you guys worried about all the ladies hitting on you left and right?
</div>

Not really. It's just that yesterday, my wife saw me doing my gym bag and I always put the ring on a side pocket of the bag (to put it on after the shower and clothes).

She put on a  
mad.gif
face and... &quot;...you could lose it, does everyone goes without the ring? blah, blah&quot;.

I calmly told her that &quot;I'll ask&quot;, so I did this poll and asked  
smile.gif

Luckly, everyone has voted &quot;no&quot;  
biggrin.gif

JD

If it's a matter of keeping your wife happy, you could keep it home when you go to the gym, let her hold it, or ask her to buy you a nice chain so you can wear it around your neck while you train.
wink.gif

No because, the counter girl is way too good looking....
smile.gif

tounge.gif
whoops! nothing honey-bear, just kidding! No seriously, just kidding babe.

Ditched the ol' fanny* magnet years ago, after getting it caught on a door handle - and nearly yanked my finger off...

Besides which the birds just admire me for my bod from afar - with the ring on I'd look as if I'm responsible; I just aint got the time to keep fending 'em off
biggrin.gif

(* US read &quot;Pussy&quot;)
laugh.gif

I have never taken mine off. I started wearing gloves after marriage (which I hated at first, but got use to)

I don't wear mine anyway, being a carpenter. But a.) my wife is secure because I make her my world (after BB'ing, heheh) and b.) what are you guys doing worrying about what women at the GYM think? Most gals at our gym here are there to work out and take HUGE offense if you even pay attention to them unless they initiate it. I don't have time for anyone when I work out and don't like the distractions. I remember when I used to dislike women even BEING there, but I got over it. Squirrels became the bigger problem!
(stop curling in the squat rack stupid!!!)

i don't, though like some posts above, much easier when you workout at home and have a spot to put it in the meantime.. i've only been married about 2.5 months so i keep forgetting to put it back on afterwards, good thing i've remembered before the wife notices so far
tounge.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Squirrels became the bigger problem!
</div>

Quadancer -- whats a squirrel? Am I missing something?

Bob

Gym Squirrel:
A southern term; little guys who come into the gym and climb all over the equipment; usually hang around for 2-10 months, asking dumb questions and giving dumb advice or opinions. Generally annoying critters that take up needed space in conversation groups while sitting on needed equipment.

I never take my wedding ring off, and it doesn't bother me when lifting, but I do wear gloves (always have), so that probably helps!

Back