When do we stop growing

ROCCOdoesDubai

Hi All

When do we stop growing after a workout/routine? I've just finished a HST cycle yesterday and was wondering how long I'll need to keep the calories up above my BMR during the SD.

If I have stimulated the body to grow, when does this growth stop? I was currently eating 3200/2800 cal [training days/non-trainining days] and now that I have moved into SD mode I dont' want to gain fat. But the drama is if I have stopped with my last 5's negative workout yesterday, then surely the body won't recover and grow until X days have gone by - therefore i'll need to keep calories high...but for how long.

Thanks
ROCCO!

From the main page:

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">many of the acute responses to training like increased protein synthesis, prostaglandins, IGF-1 levels, and mRNA levels all return to normal in about 36 hours. So, you spend 2 days growing and half a week in a semi-anticatabolic state returning to normal</div>

So if you've just finished friday id be back towards maintenance on sunday.

BTW, about growth... A friend of mine a little bit underweighted, about 110 pounds  
rock.gif
. He wants to try HST to gain muscle mass and increasing his weight by 30-40 pounds. First of all, is this a good way to grow by using HST. Anyone can comment usage of supplementary such as protein powders to accelerate his growth?

rocco.
jonnyh is right on with that advice

kreuz.
your &quot;friend&quot; needs to eat (unless hes under 5' tall). hst is an effective prog. for gaining.

1st have your friend read the basic w/o suggested on the main page and the diet info. then have him read all the pertinent threads in the diet/nutrition section. they all basically say the same thing....eat at least 1 gram of protien per lb of body wgt and eat body wgt x 18-20 to gain. dont worry about supplements at this point except for maybe a cheap protien powder. anything that has protien and calories in it. depending on how tall &quot;he&quot; is 110 is very slight.

<div>
(bluejacket @ Sep. 27 2006,16:09)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">kreuz.
your &quot;friend&quot; needs to eat (unless hes under 5' tall). hst is an effective prog. for gaining.

1st have your friend read the basic w/o suggested on the main page and the diet info. then have him read all the pertinent threads in the diet/nutrition section. they all basically say the same thing....eat at least 1 gram of protien per lb of body wgt and eat body wgt x 18-20 to gain. dont worry about supplements at this point except for maybe a cheap protien powder. anything that has protien and calories in it. depending on how tall &quot;he&quot; is 110 is very slight.</div>
bluejacket, this skinny bastard is eating like elephant, two pound steak is not a problem...
he is 5'7&quot;tall
I will tell him to read the stuff, thank you for answer

2lbs of steak is impressive but its day in day out eating that gets it done.
5'7&quot; 110 is very skinny. some can gain on bw x 16 while others need bw x 20. your friend sounds like he will need the x20+.  it sucks but thats just the way it is. if he wants to grow he will have to put in as much (if not more) effort into diet as he does the lifting.
if hes really serious have him write down what he eats each day for a week(fitday or something like it will calc cals for free). most likely he only thinks hes eating alot but if hes truely well over 2000 cals a day then maybe he should get his thyroid checked.

good luck

<div>
(bluejacket @ Sep. 27 2006,16:51)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">most likely he only thinks hes eating alot but if hes truely well over 2000 cals a day then maybe he should get his thyroid checked.

good luck</div>
I will investigate this issue, thanks a lot

Back