When To Start Bulking

Tom Treutlein

What's the general consensus here on the HST boards? What's the most bodyfat % someone should be packing when they begin bulking? What's probably the ideal level of bodyfat to be at before you begin stuffing your face with food again?

I'm just starting at this whole BB thing, but I'm going to be cutting off the fat around february-march to at least try to look good for summer, then around july-august, bulk up.

I'd say try to decide a time when you want to look your best, and after that, bulk up again.

I'd also recommend just experiment with how well you respond to cutting/bulking so you know how it affects you.

The lowest I went last year was 12% bodyfat, which was cool (was 25% year before that), but as my abs didn't show, I want it to go lower for this summer, I'm aiming for 8-10% if I can (I think I'm around 14%-15% right now), but as long as I get to see my six-pack I'm happy.

So just giving my opinion mate :) don't know the consensus on these boards.

S.

I think it depends on how well you can live with yourself once you start to see that waistline expand. Personally I tend to start hating myself if I ever go beyond, say, 15-17% BF, so whenever I get to those percentages I cease bulking and start cutting (I've never been fatter than that, though). I'd say that you should be no more than 13-14% when beginning a bulking up cycle, or preferably even lower. Just my opinion.

Back