Where Are You Getting Your Carbs?

K

Key Of David

I've read from practically every viewpoint you need to get 1 gm of protein per lb of bodyweight. No problem.....there is always whey protein to help out.

I've also read to get upwards of 2 gms of carbs per lb of bodyweight, with a majority or at least half of this being complex carbs. Are you kidding me?

Short of taking in weight gain shakes all day with their simple carbs (sorry that is what maltodextrin is in my book), where are you getting all this?

I work construction so I don't have the time nor the means, nor the money for that matter to eat 4 full blown power meals a day that require full preparation and a microwave.

Where are you getting your carbs? I know you aren't eating 20-30 potatoes everyday!
butbut.gif

Right now I am getting in excess of 500g of carbs per day. I think you are assuming that this is harder than it is. I eat about 4 times a day, plus my pre and post WO shakes and it isn't hard at all. And last time I checked an average potato has approx. 30-40 g of carbs......so there is no way you would need to eat 30 potatoes in a day.

I know I definitely get upwards to that amount in carbs with a lot of it coming from bread! Granola, pasta, and non-starch carbs like fruits help too.

Thanks for your responses.  I guess I can eat pasta (which I love) but I don't know about every night.   Seeings how I need at least 300 gms of carbs a day I can't get that from just veggies and potatoes.  No big deal...its all just a matter of the planning I guess.  
As for getting it from bread....you have a point.  I love to eat sandwiches with whole wheat bread....I could double the bread on the sandwich and eat two sandwiches for lunch...which would be pushing it a little as far as my appetite. I may be doable though.

Thanks for the info again.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Key Of David @ June 22 2005,8:50)]I could double the bread on the sandwich and eat two sandwiches for lunch...which would be pushing it a little as far as my appetite.
hehe welcome to bulking

Waffles/Pancakes (buck wheat/whole wheat), Oatmeal, Rice, Fruits, Honey, Potatoe, Whole Grain Breads, Veggies, Pasta, Pre/Post Work out Drink, Milk, Gatorade (since you work construction) all these can be made during the weekend and kept for the week for easy meals and snacks. You'll be amazed how easy it is to get in 500 grams or more.

Cool thanks dkm that gave me a couple of ideas.

I tried eating the four pieces of bread on a turkey sandwich today....its was ok but I don't know about eating two of those everyday. It was funny cause everyone was like..man that looks GOOD. hehe

Maybe I can swing this afterall.

Pancakes have a hell of a lot of sodium. I wouldn't go near them for any reason other than an occasional treat.

Pancakes aren't really my thing....I like waffles way better. I could eat waffles with a minimum of anything on them.
worship.gif

On the label of the typical milk carton....it lists between 11-12 grams of carbs....and reading on down you see that all of these carbs are "sugars".

Wouldn't the protein in milk slow the absorbtion of this so as not to suddenly raise your sugar levels? I never knew this about milk. I was planning on drinking a few servings everyday.

Back