whey protein isolate

shakeel

anyone here uses pure whey isolate instead of concentrates?i use wpc and getting gas and a friend told me to use wpi as it doesnot cause any upset or gas.is this true?
can anyone tell me if wpi is light on the stomach and for it to taste better you mix it with milk?
with all wpc i get gas.any feedback will help me .
also can anyone post a link to article on wpi
thanks

whey protein concentrate and whey protein isolate are really the same thing, except that the isolate is a bit more concentrated.
WPC will typically (though not always) have ~80% protein. the remainder will be carbs/fat etc
WPI is usually ~85-90% protein. Therefore you get less carbs/fat.

Perhaps you are lactose intolerant? in which case WPI might help.

one other question that should be asked, is what you are taking the protein powder with? do you add milk, in which case, it may actually be the milk that is the problem etc.

I use a uk company's own brand (www.aviform.co.uk) - it's an isolate, 90%+ protein and mixes far more easily than concentrate. Even though this particular brand is unflavoured its very easy to stomach and is basically like drining flavoured water, concentrates make it more into a milk shake thickness. Per gram of protein its actually cheaper than concentrate too

no i can drink milk with no problem even 3-4 glasses a day.with watwe the wpc make me gaseous abdomoinal discomfort but when i use it with oatmeal and eat it it diminish the problem less gas.

Possibly one of the intact proteins in whey, as even if your lactose intolerant, you should beable to handle the minor amount of lactose in whey (most true lactose intolerant people can handle a reasonable amount of lactose per day, as long as it aint all at once)

Try an ion exchainge or similar isolate as some of the protein fractions are destroyed during processing, or try a hydrolystate, it may taste like crud, but it wont have any intact protein to cause problems.

Back