Who is better, Ronnie or Arnold (Take the poll)

I feel Ronnie i just a mass monster. Just look at his legs compares to Arrnolds. Arnolds are not as huge, but they are defined where as, Ronnies look "inflated".
Also Arnolds pecs are better & he doesn't have Ronnies GH gut either.

Just my .02

ronnie has taken bodybuilding to a new level, and quite rightly should be mr o, but that new level came at the cost of gh gut like omega says.

arnold had it all, mass with class !
cool.gif

You know its funny when you look at their biceps, lats, and delts, they have very similar physiques. Never noticed that before. I guess I'm used to how arnie looks in movies like commando, much more "natural" than Mr. O days.

Ronnie's legs look ridiculous imo, as Omega said they look "inflated".

I wonder if Ronnie will get any votes? (I voted for Arnie like everyone else has so far)

I think the scale of that picture is probably not correct. Arnold is at least 2 inches taller than Ronnie and competed at around 235 lbs. at his heaviest. Ronnie was 296 lbs in 2004. Side by side he would look much bigger than that picture indicates. Also, his stongest bodypart is arguably his back, which is of course not shown here. Still, bodybuilder is totally subjective ... It is strictly a matter of what looks better to you.

Arnold.
My opinion...Arnie has the best genetics for an aestheticly pleasing physique than anyone who has ever lived.  His muscles bellies, shape, symmetry, all were perfect.
6'2" tall, 23" arms, 32" waist....awesome!  Ronnie is bigger, but I doubt his waist is 32"!

I can't vote on who is better because they are the same. Arnold would have used whatever means available to him to get bigger as Ronnie does so in that respect they are the same.
Asked 'who looks better' though I would have to say without a doubt Arnold.
J
smile.gif

To be really fair...they would have to be compared with identical doses of juice and training. Y'all are comparing apples to oranges. My vote regardless goes to Ah-nold because he obviously used less 'stuf'.

I agree with Mr. O, Ronnie is a mass monster, many of the BBers of today have lost that concept of equilibrium and definition.

Arnold is a definite winner in that photo, I think one should only push mass to a certain extent once proportion is lost you start looking like a overgrown gorilla, that is not cool in my books!
sad.gif

I've got to go with Arnold. Very good overall balanced look instead of just big.

I'm not detracting from Ronnie - it takes much dedication to get that big, drugs or no drugs, it can't happen without the hard work. I just think Arnold looked better than the bodybuilders of today.

Arnold hands down. He has all the nice definition and the not so bloated look. Like Fausto said, when bbs lose sight of looking right in the light of equilibrium and definition then they become huge and nasty. I use to think guys as big as arnold were gross (back when I first started lifting). Now it's guys like ronnie coleman, serge nubret.. I can't think of others, that make bb look unappealing. Chill out on the growth hormone guys bc it is sick!

<div>
(Nasadowski @ Sep. 29 2006,19:59)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Arnold hands down. He has all the nice definition and the not so bloated look. Like Fausto said, when bbs lose sight of looking right in the light of equilibrium and definition then they become huge and nasty. I use to think guys as big as arnold were gross (back when I first started lifting). Now it's guys like ronnie coleman, serge nubret.. I can't think of others, that make bb look unappealing. Chill out on the growth hormone guys bc it is sick!</div>
i agree arnie hands down,theres too much gh abuse now also,big distended abdomens.ronnie coleman is the biggest no doubt but not the best.

not sure why you put down serge nubret as he had one of the best physiques ever.

I second lcars on the GH gut too...its rediculous.

Now a good looking physique is Dexter &quot;The Blade &quot; Jackson!

Yeah I didn't mean Serge Nubret. I was thinking of someone else. I can't find who I was thinking of though. Eh, oh well.

My opinion is the same as many of yours.I say that the govenator wins hands down simply because it just looks like someone stuck a bike pump into several of ronnies bodyparts an blew them up,where as arnold looks much closer to someone natural.I'd say those days of bb'ing were the best just because they had the perfect levels of size and symmetry(I know I cant spell for beans leave me alone
laugh.gif
)

ronnie was robbed of no:9 at the weekend. shocking decision.

bodybuilding is finished at the pro level !

<div>
(DRAGON @ Oct. 02 2006,08:36)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">bodybuilding is finished at the pro level !</div>
Heheh, more truth in that than you think...!

Apparently the correct answer for the first post was &quot;Jay&quot;.

I'd like to see another Zanelike body winning.

Back