Why Incline Bench + Dips?

Sniggel

I see this is usually recommended for chest development on this forum.

Why no normal Benchpress?
Is it because Dips is such a good exercise for chest that coupled with incline bench there is no need for straight bench?
Is it because Incline Bench is more nice on your shoulder joints? Is it?
Wouldn't Military presses in front of your face develop some chest? (coupled with straight bench + dips)

Let me hear some comments
smile.gif

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Is it because Dips is such a good exercise for chest that coupled with incline bench there is no need for straight bench?</div>

Exactly, the incline (slight, usually 15 - 20 deg max) takes care of the upper chest.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Is it because Incline Bench is more nice on your shoulder joints? Is it?</div>

I usually play around with the angle when my shoulders give trouble, the last time decline was just right! So...there is an amount of truth in your statement.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Wouldn't Military presses in front of your face develop some chest? (coupled with straight bench + dips)</div>

This last question you must research yourself, go to BB Military Press and check for yourself.
cool.gif

<div>
(Fausto @ Nov. 01 2006,14:28)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">This last question you must research yourself, go to BB Military Press and check for yourself.
cool.gif
</div>
Thanks for input. About BB Military Press, it says that the clavicular portion of the pecs are synergists but I do it with a little more bent upper back so I think I use more chest than the guy in the animation.
But still I dont think its enough to call it a &quot;chest exercise&quot;  
tounge.gif

Ok but now I understand why I should only use incline and dips. I will still use normal benchpress in my routine since I like it so much. Maybe I will try to exclude it on my second HST cycle if I have one.

Not to make a fuss about it, but currently I am also using normal bench, no big deal IMO.

Pitty I don't have the dip stand yet, but I believe a buddy of mine is going to sort me out for Christmas
cool.gif

I never thought I'd want a dip stand for Christmas...damn the world changes...
laugh.gif

cool.gif

<div>
(Fausto @ Nov. 01 2006,08:35)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I never thought I'd want a dip stand for Christmas...</div>
You and me both, brother. I've had my eye on one myself.

It'll help fill up what little empty space I have in my garage.
tounge.gif

Regarding those dip stands, any idea on how much weight the stands you are looking at can handle?  I'm 220 lbs and I can't find a dip stand that can handle a max weight over 250 lbs.  That doesn't leave much room to add plates via a belt.

Matter of fact; I'm gonna have to weld some braces on mine when I get much heavier. It wobbles badly even with the weight stack I added loaded up.
wow.gif

Yeah, it is hard to find a good dip stand that can hold a decent weight.

Powertec has a dip stand good for 400 pounds. They have an assisting dip stand too, which is also good for 400 pounds.

However, if you have a power rack, this would be the best option and what I have decided to do. (Even had to have it custom bored for my power rack cause the pins are larger than 1 inch, but only an extra 15 bucks for that).

IronHorse Boris

Look around, they have alot of other cool stuff that I wish I could afford to have shipped to me in Japan!!!

Back