Why no HST workout logs here?

I

imported_etothepii

Would you?

I wonder if it would be a successful addition...

I wonder if it's worth Bryan's time to start a new forum catagory?

I agree. I thought about starting a log in the HST section but that didn't seem quite right to me. I notice Dan has a section for logs on his Max Stim site. Maybe he could do the same here with Bryan's blessing? It'll only take a minute or two to set up and would be a good place for us to record our individual results.

A good idea, it would both be a good motivator and a source of feedback from other members on their program.

I agree 100%. Logs are the single most useful thing on a couple of other forums that I go to.

There's nothing as useful as following along and seeing the thinking of someone else as they go through a cycle of training. Sometimes you learn, sometimes you can help.

Great suggestion, e ^ pi.

I too would be excited to read and record training logs here. I think this would be a great motivation tool and a great source of wisdom, advice and support.
smile.gif

Well... people have posted logs in the past, they just put them in the HST section, but it would be really nice to have a section specifically for the logs.

Hoooweee, would that be boring
smile.gif

Especially if the people are using the standard setup. The same program day in day out, the only thing changing being the weight for 2 weeks
smile.gif
laugh.gif

I would assume not all the logs would just be HST, since a lot of us play around with other routines... but yet, an HST log wouldn't have much to do, unless you simply talk about how the workout felt, how hard it was, your weight that day, measurements, etc, simply to gauge your progress as you go.
Otherwise you could just post your planned progression in the first post and be done with it.
I have a blog where I post my workouts, what lifts I did, sets/reps and what weights I used, but no one ever comments.

The great thing about setting up a logs section is that it keeps some traffic out of the HST forum - something we've been wanting to do. Logs for all types of programs can be put in, and I imagine there will be great discussion about the pros and cons involved for each.

Yay to e^[sqrt(-1)*pi] 's idea

<div>
(Totentanz @ Feb. 25 2007,19:09)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I have a blog where I post my workouts, what lifts I did, sets/reps and what weights I used, but no one ever comments.</div>
Which is the URL ?

Thank you

Andrea

Phil Pfister, Jay Cutler, or the most awesome HST natural on earth could start a log and I wouldn't be able to make it past the first line of---

Squats: 3x8 X number of kilos........ZzZzZzZzZzZzzzzz

My opinion, if Dan or Bryan decide to make it a sticky, it'd reduce some of the traffic with related questions.

As Tot pointed out many of the HST veterans play around with different routines and those could get interesting, but as Aaron points out can get rather boring.

But then that is just one other opinion!
cool.gif

Yeah, HST logs would be boring as hell! Unless they were kept &quot;private&quot; until completed and then published in their entirety; with photo's etc much like... (Gulp!) Body For Life testimonials.
laugh.gif

This would be much better than the half-assed, unfinished, often hijacked attempts on other sites.

The thing about being boring, you wouldn't actually have to read anybody's logif you don't want to.

On the other hand, if someone misses a few workouts, eats a certain way, changes progression part way through, etc., we could see how(if at all) it effected the outcome of the cycle.

Personnally, I start a log, then stop posting on it. I just can't seem to stick with them. Still, it would be a decent feature to have here, I think.

Obviously some find the idea of logs really dull and others don't. The great thing about a separate logs section would be that if you find logs boring you don't have to look at any of them ever.

I think a lot of questions get asked about routines and cycles on the main board that would be answered just looking at what other folks have done/are doing. For folks new to HST or wondering about certain tweaks it could be a very useful resource instead of having to trawl through past threads in the main HST forum.

What rolls down stairs alone or in pairs
Rolls over your neighbor's dog?
What's great for a snack and fits on your back?
It's Log, Log, Log!

It's Log, Log, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood.
It's Log, Log, it's better than bad, it's good!
Everyone wants a log! You're gonna love it, Log!
Come on and get your log! Everyone needs a Log!

Back