Why people stop using HST.

dempsey

I've seen training journals on other forums where people have tried out HST for the first time. They say how happy they are with their results, their arms/legs/chest measurements get bigger without any increase in waist size, all the lifts go up and they get new PB's......then they go back to a body part split! I just don't get it, why would you stop doing something that worked so well for you??!!

Anyway just airing my thoughts lol

then they go back to a body part split!
Nothing in the HST principles says you can’t do a split body part routine.

1) Mechanical Load
2) Acute vs. Chronic Stimuli
3) Progressive Load
4) Strategic Deconditioning

I’ve been splitting my upper and lower body since my second cycle. Many here have done AM/PM splits. I do a split because I want to keep my workout time below 1 hour and not feel rushed. Plus my lower body needs less work than my upper body so I do the upper body workout 3 times a week and my lower body only twice.

As to why people who claim HST worked for them and switch to another program I think only they can answer. Post in their logs and ask them.

You will notice the people who stray a lot and can't stick with what works are the people who don't get much bigger over the years. The typical body part splits where you hit each bodypart once a week are pretty dumb overall.

Back