Why so little carbs in Primer/Driver?

kynn

One serving of Primer (or Driver) has only 4 g carbs. I'm surprised by this low number for carbs in a pre- or post-WO drink. Is one supposed to add carbs to the drink?
Thanks!
kynn

Well, given that people can use pre and post WO nutrition to accomplish a whole variety of goals, it should be low in carbs so that different people can choose to add carbs or not. I guess you didn't read the FAQ where Bryan discusses this in greater detail.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (baby a @ Aug. 06 2004,9:48)]Well, given that people can use pre and post WO nutrition to accomplish a whole variety of goals, it should be low in carbs so that different people can choose to add carbs or not.
I see.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (baby a @ Aug. 06 2004,9:48)]I guess you didn't read the FAQ where Bryan discusses this in greater detail.
If you mean a FAQ about Primer and Driver, I definitely missed it. In fact, I still can't find it. I just searched for "driver" in the HST FAQs forum but nothing came up; same thing when I searched for "primer". Can you post the link to the FAQ you're talking about?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (kynn @ Aug. 07 2004,6:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (baby a @ Aug. 06 2004,9:48)]I guess you didn't read the FAQ where Bryan discusses this in greater detail.
If you mean a FAQ about Primer and Driver, I definitely missed it. In fact, I still can't find it. I just searched for "driver" in the HST FAQs forum but nothing came up; same thing when I searched for "primer". Can you post the link to the FAQ you're talking about?
I found this. It looks to me that this must be what you meant. I did read it a while ago; I will review it.

Primer and Driver are "protein" powders. PrimePLUS and DrivePLUS are MRPs. They have more carbs as well as vitamins/minerals.

I have a little trouble eating enough times in the day for me to reach anywhere near my needed caloric intake. Can you recommend a Meal Replacement for me that I can use? I use the Primer 15 min. before a workout and the Driver Plus immediately after. But throughout the day,everyday, I know I don't eat nearly enough to maximize muscle gains. Is there a HSN product I can use? I hate going to GNC and being bullied into buying something I don't know about and is probably not what is best for me. Thanks for the help.

I work in a restaurant, so I can sneak a shake and down it quick, but I can't eat something and then brush my teeth before I go out on the floor.

Back