Why so many different workout routines?

newpers

This is in response to the so many "review my workout routine" threads.

It's been a while since I visited this forum, but I really bought into that the simplify and win thread (from however long ago). I was wondering why there's not a sticky thread on a few suggested simplify and win workout routines? Is it not possible to have one one-size-fits-all workout? Hit a few compound exercises and be done with it? Are people's situations that different? I'm asking this as a newb.

Yes, it is possible to have a one-size-fits-most routine. If I were going to do something like this, I would base it on training age and have a beginner, intermediate, advanced and elite version. Of course then the problem is that everyone always feels like they need to modify or tweak the routine. You would have beginners saying "well, I want to be like the elite guys so I will do the elite version of the routine" even though they would be better suited with a beginner routine since they do not have the work capacity an elite level does.

Remember, everyone is basically same. 99% the same, genetically speaking. But everyone believes themselves to have an entirely unique situation. This is why few people will accept a cookie cutter routine without thinking they need to modify it to suit their "unique" situation.

But... you do have a good idea, and I think perhaps maybe some of us or one of us experts should work on coming up with a series of routines as I was saying earlier. Could be helpful.

Back