Wieght Gainers to Combat weight loss.

MrNasty

IN a post or two have mentioned losing weight while on HST, which i believe is due to the hectic schedule of school/work and not beiong to eat as frequently as i previously was. A buddy of mine sugessted weight gainers. What do you thiknk? To keep LBM and weight higher?

MRP's are more useful than weight gainers. Those 2000 calorie Weider weight gainer products are crap.

I agree with you in that most weight gainers are crap. Usually they contain nothing more than excess sugars and fats. That only thing weight gainers have done for me in the past is contirbuted to my BF.

MRP drinks are ok, but usually most of these are full of sugar as well. I'm not restricting crabs or anything, nor to I watch most carbs, but I do sugar (its the white devil).

When I think MRP I think of "Boost" and "Slim Fast," which are ome drinks I used to drink to keep/gain weight. Again, both of these have some where around 40g+ of sugar. That's one reason why I stopped dirnking them in the past - that and they give me gas. I'm sure now though that they probably have a low carb version of these two - I can deal with the gas i guess.
laugh.gif

Do you think adding this sort of MRP to my turkey jerky and mixed nut snakes during break help keep weight up? That's an extra 250cals to 300cals each break - probably 500 to 600 cals each day.

Which MRP's do you speak of? What's kinda price are we talking here?

Thanks for the post.

I don't use any supplemental MRP's myself anymore. When I did, I used the EAS Myoplex strawberry one. It tasted good, had about 40 grams of protein 35 or so grams of carbs. I don't remember the sugar content. They also now make a low carb variety as does Biotest with its Grow brand.

However, if I were going to use MRP's again, I think I would go with Bryan's Prime and Drive products. Each serving has about 18 grams of protein, only 4 grams of carbs and 100 calories per scoopful. They run about $30 for a 2 pound tub and there are around 35 portions per tub. Mix 2 scoops with low fat milk instead of water and you should have yourself over 300 calories of mostly protein. Total cost would be about 2 bucks. A lot cheaper than chicken or tuna.

Granted, MRP's are not 2000 calories but 2 or 3 MRP's per day sure would help.

My only problem with so much protein is that I tend to fart a lot. I'm not sure why but perhaps my body cannot metabolize all that protein. I always blamed it on the 2 black labs that sleep with Mrs. Grey and I. Funny thing is, the dogs stopped farting once I stopped the MRP's.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Old and Grey @ Sep. 11 2004,7:43)]I don't use any supplemental MRP's myself anymore. When I did, I used the EAS Myoplex strawberry one. It tasted good, had about 40 grams of protein 35 or so grams of carbs. I don't remember the sugar content. They also now make a low carb variety as does Biotest with its Grow brand.
However, if I were going to use MRP's again, I think I would go with Bryan's Prime and Drive products. Each serving has about 18 grams of protein, only 4 grams of carbs and 100 calories per scoopful. They run about $30 for a 2 pound tub and there are around 35 portions per tub. Mix 2 scoops with low fat milk instead of water and you should have yourself over 300 calories of mostly protein. Total cost would be about 2 bucks. A lot cheaper than chicken or tuna.
Granted, MRP's are not 2000 calories but 2 or 3 MRP's per day sure would help.
My only problem with so much protein is that I tend to fart a lot. I'm not sure why but perhaps my body cannot metabolize all that protein. I always blamed it on the 2 black labs that sleep with Mrs. Grey and I. Funny thing is, the dogs stopped farting once I stopped the MRP's.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Sounds like the primer and driver are just another protien supp. I usually have 3 of these a day already, not primer or driver, but my own shake or MRP of sorts.

Here's the break down:
750cals, 69g protien, 61g carbs, 21g Fat.

Ingredients:
1.2 cups 1% Milk, 2scoop WHEY protien, 1/2cup Raw Oat Bran, 1/2cup Blueberries, 2tblspn Flax Oil, 1tblspn cinnamon.

Tastes fantastic. The only problem is I need a blender. I cant really bring a blender to work with me everyday.

I'll look into the myoplex, as you mentioned. I'm just looking for the cheapest but better route to go. lol, Cheaper and better ... Probably not possible. Thanks again OG!

Extra calories in your shakes. Is that what you're looking for?

Here's some healthy ways to add calories w/o adding bad sources.

Olive Oil
Peanut Butter
Raw Eggs
Fruits
More protiein powder :D

I know alot of people today are strongly against raw eggs, but they help, honestly. They are clean sources, the bacteria thing is overrated in my opinion (there's a VERY low chance of having any problems, and think about it, bodybuilders ate raw eggs for years without problems, Draper still does).

Just some food for thought. Literally.

I listed a shake a drink quite frequently in a previous post. I dont think I need to add anything to it, it's pretty nutrient rich already. My concern is not how to add more calories to my already exsisting shakes. It is how to add more calories to my daily caloric intake, so as to not lose weight while working a hectic schedule (working, going to school, hitting the gym, and taking care of a new born).

I'm simply trying to come up with ways of getting healthy foods in and keeping weight up.

Nasty, you want Udo's Choice oil. 135 calories per tablespoon. No taste. Great in shakes. Go to www.udoerasmus.com to read about fats. Can be ordered from most internet vitamin suppliers.

Back