WOOOT!!! Got all kinds of new personal bests!!

Dvst8or

So today I did my second to last workout for my first cycle and everything that I lifted for reached a new best for me....EVER!!

I have never been able to deadlift 225 for 3 sets of 5....well I did today! At my best I could barely lift 205 for 2 sets of 6.

I have never even considered strapping weight to myself for pullups, today I strapped a ten pound plate around my waist and lifted for 3 sets of 5!!

The most that I have ever strapped to my waist was two 10 pound plates and that was for dips and it was shake city for my form up and down, today I did dips with a 35 pound plate with form being smooth and solid! Oh did I mention this was while doing wide grip dips!

Overhead dumbbell press 45's....never done
Dumbbell bicep curls with 40's....never done
And calf raise was 265....I have never even seen that much weight on a barbell that I was using!
biggrin.gif

And all this from my first cycle!! Thank you HST!!
I have always been training on the failure method. Pushing myself to the limit every workout with very little success. And trying to add more weight each time. Hitting brick walls very soon with extremely disappointing weights...as you can see from my excitement over some pretty dinky numbers.
laugh.gif

Most of the time this lead to little interest in continuing and staying consistent. With HST its easier and I am making better gains than I ever have before!!

I want to make a HUGE shout out to Fausto and his thread for "Simplify and Win"
Another problem I had in the past, along with working to failure everytime, was putting so much into each workout, thinking that I had to hit every muscle from every angle, spending almost 2 hours in the gym each day, with flat bench, incline, decline, flyes, squats, leg curls, isolations, etc. everything that I could stuff into one workout.
So I took Fausto's (and everyone elses) advise and decided to simplify to compounds and doing isolations when I felt like it, MAN WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!
Again doing less and getting EXTREMELY better and FASTER results!!

Also a big thank you to anyone and everyone that gave advise and helped me (and others) out.

Sorry for all my enthusiasm about my small numbers and realizing what most on this site already know, this is just very exciting for me to have not even come close to a plateau, still making gains, and its easier than before!!

Okay, I think that I am done now.
laugh.gif

Brian

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Sorry for all my enthusiasm about my small numbers and realizing what most on this site already know, this is just very exciting for me to have not even come close to a plateau, still making gains, and its easier than before!!</div>

The feeling after your first cycle is a great one. Keep up the great work and focus on your diet!

No need to apologize for anything. I'm glad to hear you are making some progress for a change.

Keep at it and you should reach your goals sooner than you ever thought possible.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I want to make a HUGE shout out to Fausto and his thread for &quot;Simplify and Win&quot;</div>

Many thanks, its nice to see advice given converted into real stuff.

Can't take all the glory to myself though, that thread would have been very short and somewhat incomplete with the other guys opinions.

Kudus for you mate,keep up the good work!

<div>
(Fausto @ Jul. 13 2007,08:54)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> <div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I want to make a HUGE shout out to Fausto and his thread for &quot;Simplify and Win&quot;</div>

Many thanks, its nice to see advice given converted into real stuff.

Can't take all the glory to myself though, that thread would have been very short and somewhat incomplete with the other guys opinions.

Kudus for you mate,keep up the good work!</div>
your too modest fausto.

anywho,congratulations on your gains and lifts,my first cycle was a mess for me i had not fully grasped all of hst's principles,but the second cycle was much more productive.

nothing wrong with enthusiasm,its good to see results and share them with others.
wink.gif

<div>
(Fausto @ Jul. 13 2007,13:54)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">that thread would have been very short and somewhat incomplete with the other guys opinions.</div>
I quite agree, er, I think?!  
biggrin.gif

Great results Dvst8or.

At the end of the day HST isn't magic but it is a good set of principles that work if applied correctly. You should see some really good gains for several more cycles (as long as you continue to consume enough calories) and then you'll just have to accept that as a 'natty' gains will come more slowly.

Keep up the good work.

Icars

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">your too modest Fausto.</div>

Be open, be kind, most of all learn what you can from others, teach also without reservations, because by doing for others it will be done for you!

That is my signature,and I stand up to it. After all it is what I am here for, to teach newbies the program and to learn more from other veterans!

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">The feeling after your first cycle is a great one. Keep up the great work and focus on your diet! </div>

Ditto. Very glad to see your PR's.

Simply awesome feeling isnt it?
smile.gif

I bet after the next bulking cycle your DL 5RM will be at least 275. You will make close to if not the same gains again.

Niiiiiiice work dude!!! ;) yeah hehe i know that feelin, my strength has definitely gone up from just my first cycle ay! keep it up, train for yourself, be the best you can be, never let a moment slip away!

laugh.gif

Always listen to Lol.
Don't be disappointed or feel that something is wrong when the gains slow down later, just accept that you are like a house...bricks are easy to lay at the ground level, then you need to put up scaffolding and throw them up there, higher and higher...but the house is still built one brick at a time. Each workout is a brick. Each missed workout is a lost brick. Too many workouts too close together is weak mortar; a failed wall.
Just keep adding bricks to build that mansion.
biggrin.gif

The little guy making progress is more worthy than the big guy maintaining. Until you get to be my age, when gains virtually stop. There never is &quot;rest&quot; or coasting, that's just the way it is.

Very nice progress. 225 lbs might seem like a lot on the bar now, but trust me - in a year or two, you'll be warming up with 265 lbs on your deads. Your dips are solid too. Many guys can't even do dips at all when they start out, so you're already on your way.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">that thread would have been very short and somewhat incomplete without the other guys opinions.</div>

Yeah Lol, i made a mistake there for sure, thanks for highlighting it.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Yeah Lol, i made a mistake there for sure, thanks for highlighting it.</div>

You're a diamond geezer Fausto. I just couldn't resist yanking your chain.
biggrin.gif

I agree with Tot too. In a year from now you will be lifting poundages you probably never thought possible as a natty (at least, that's my experience). Deads seem to improve faster than just about every other exercise, initially due to neural learning but also because the major muscles involved are working through a mechanically strong range of motion.

<div>
(Lol @ Jul. 14 2007,16:25)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"> <div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Yeah Lol, i made a mistake there for sure, thanks for highlighting it.</div>

You're a diamond geezer Fausto. I just couldn't resist yanking your chain.  
biggrin.gif

Deads seem to improve faster than just about every other exercise, initially due to neural learning but also because the major muscles involved are working through a mechanically strong range of motion.</div>
i concure,its has to be the best exercise for power increases,mine sky rocketed when i started hst.ive also been training my brother inlaw and a friend.whos poundages have gone through the roof,scary to watch,if im not careful he'll be catching me up
laugh.gif

<div>
(Fausto @ Jul. 13 2007,10:49)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Icars

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">your too modest Fausto.</div>

Be open, be kind, most of all learn what you can from others, teach also without reservations, because by doing for others it will be done for you!

That is my signature,and I stand up to it. After all it is what I am here for, to teach newbies the program and to learn more from other veterans!</div>
also,great attitude fausto,i live by the same rule,i sometimes find myself helping people who i dont much care for(to start off with),even if they dont appreciate it,the act of helping alone has its own rewards.

always do unto others.....

<div>
(quadancer @ Jul. 14 2007,18:48)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Geezer. HA! He's a pup!
laugh.gif
</div>
Yeah, I don't think you get to use the G-word until you hit 60!

Back