working forearms

mrh

I work forearms with my hst cycles and I've run into a problem with the 5's. while I'm happy with the results (I've gained 3/4") I'm at the point where my wrist are giving out. I do dumbbell wrist curls and I'm using 55 lb dumbbells. while my forearms can handle the weight, my wrist cant. what options can I use. The only thing I can think of is using low weight, high reps but I dont think this is ideal for size. any help or ideas would be appreciated. thanks
BTW- what I do is lay my arm across the bench with my wrist hanging over the bench so I can do a full wrist curl.

you can always use a straight barbell and wrist curl it behind your back...this way you can add lots of weight and your wrists probably wont give out.

Joe G

I do the above and my wrists can definatly handle more weight, but you'll run into the problem of wrist giving out again, though it'll be after another 3/4" or so probably. You could also not do full wrist curls, and put your wrists on the bench, and not have them hang over. Not as good, but if your wrists can't do it the other way, it doesn't really matter.

Back