Would like some advice...

Jonny

Hi, I'm new to the fourms. I'm planning on starting my first cycle this Monday and was just wondering what exercises I should be using. Since its the first cycle I think I will only use compound movements and machines. I would like to do deadlifts instead of the T-Bar Rows, but I can only deadlift with proper form with heavy weights.

Leg Press
Pulldowns
Chest Press
T-Bar Rows
Shoulder Press
Calf Raises

This will be for 15's, 10's and 5's... What you think??

Well if you want compound movements go with the Big Four

1) Deadlifts
2) Squats
3) Dips
4) Incline Bench

maybe add

5) Bent Row
6) Wide Grip Chin (pulldown)

Bob covered them all.

I will just add in using these compounds keep your ego at the door and learn to lift slower and more controlled. This make sure you having sufficient TUT (time under tension) and this will do wonders for muscle growth if you are not doing this already.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Evans @ Oct. 07 2005,6:43)]Well if you want compound movements go with the Big Four
1) Deadlifts
2) Squats
3) Dips
4) Incline Bench
maybe add
5) Bent Row
6) Wide Grip Chin (pulldown)
I believe the big 4 are squats, deadlifts, chins, and dips.

Thanks for your input but I think I wll stick with the exercises I chose. I can lift the most weight with these exercises yet, because they are machines, keep perfect movement and lift the weight slowly. Therefore more hyptertophy. If I was do to deadlifts for example I would have to lower the weight which means less hypertophy will take place.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jonny @ Oct. 08 2005,11:17)]Thanks for your input but I think I wll stick with the exercises I chose. I can lift the most weight with these exercises yet, because they are machines, keep perfect movement and lift the weight slowly. Therefore more hyptertophy. If I was do to deadlifts for example I would have to lower the weight which means less hypertophy will take place.
sad.gif

Deadlift is the King Bro!

and well the machines...
butbut.gif

Free weights if you can handle them would induce more hypertrophy
thumbs-up.gif

I know that free weights stimulate more muscle growth, but wouldn't strict slow movements of 15 reps for deadlifts be too much. I will probably end up getting to around the ten mark and then the rest will be practically worthless because it will be the momentum getting it up. Also I can lift 3 times more on Chest Press than I can with Bench Press. It says that the more weight used the more Hypertophy. So wouldn't Chest Press be the way to go???

I would bet the farm a 405x10 lbs deadlift will stimulate more hypertrophy than a 600x10 lbs leg press.  Yes, the leg press will stimulate hypertrophy in the legs, but nothing for the upper back, shoulders and arms.

I agree with Rakki, the deadlift is King.

I have done very slow deadlifts before (10 second positives 335x5). I don't think it's necessary to do them very slow. A good controlled rep and a pause on the floor does the job.

Back