Would this be OK?  (slight program tweak question)

nipponbiki

Hello everyone.
I have gone through one cycle of HST, doing 2 weeks 15s, then 10s, then 3 weeks of 5s (I was out of the gym during week 3 due to being sick). The results are great. Quite shocked. Arms popped a complete inch in both unflexed and flexed measurements.
As I now start the second cycle though, I have a problem. Although all parts of my body grew, my chest grew the least, which has always been my weak spot. Now, my arms and especially shoulders are so much bigger, the balance is so terrible. Toward the end of the first cycle, I stopped doing direct arm and shoulder work, actually.
So, at this point, I really don't want to gain size in arms, shoulders until my chest catches up. So I was thinking maybe on the last workout of each week during the 15s and 10s if doing 1 set of 1 chest exercise of 6-8 reps and a weight load heavy enough to only do that set would be a good idea or not?
If not a good idea, any suggestions on what I could do?
Thanks in advance!

I wouldn't add anything during the 15's. I would add 1 exercise of 1 set of 10 reps for the 10's and 2 exercises of 1 set each at 5 reps for the 5's. Then I would add 1 to 2 weeks of drop sets after your 5 RM.

no, its not posture. took pictures. asked my woman, she looked at me from several different angles.

my shoulders are naturally huge and wide anyway. my chest was always kinda flat.

anyway, what are DL's?
-edit- you mean deadlifts? doing them. they are my number one favorite exercise. never did them before though, too afraid of it. did em with the trap bar a bit 4 years ago, but anyway...

for the first poster.
do you mean on top of what i already have been doing, which is 2 sets of incline bench and 2 sets of decline bench throughout the cycle?

Back