Yearly HST Training Plan Muscle Specific

Vin_G

I have read some training programs that have a yearly plan. For example: One phase of mass building, targeting different muscle groups every 4 weeks (i.e. arms dominant, shoulders dominant, etc.), Another phase of Lean mass gaining, then another couple phases to fat loss.

Is there a way to incorporate this with HST? Doing 3, whole-body workouts each week can we vary:
- what muscles are being targeted
- volume
- density (i.e. supersets)
- etc

I'm pretty sure you can incorporate HST planning into any length of time and plan all your cycles accordingly. I do believe that yearly planning is basically for extremely advanced bodybuilders.

You can basically do anything with HST as long as you can keep the principles of it within your planning:

Progressive loading and SD, 15/10 and 5's can also be tweaked depending.

Whole body training can also become split training and is not a prionjciples

I agree with Riggins, unless you are an advanced bb wanting to compete and add symmetry you should stick with compounds and at most add extra volume to lagging body parts. That way you get the most bang for the buck year-round.
But in any case as Fausto stated the workout suggested in the site is one of the many ways to apply HST's principal and certainly not the only one.

Ok, maybe I will avoid the whole cutting cycles, etc. I do like the idea of adding extra volume for lagging bodyparts for certain peroids of time for example.

I think long term goals are a good idea. I make long term plans for my cycles and have had some success doing so. However, just keep in mind that planning things too far in advance can be a bad idea because things tend to happen that disrupt your plans. Anyway, it is a good idea to start looking at things with more of a "long term" mindset instead of looking at things from cycle to cycle since weightlifting and bodybuilding are both long term pursuits. You don't become huge and strong overnight.

Back