Yeowww I started 15s after 13 day SD

I

imported_domineaux

I did my last workout of 5s two weeks ago today.  I started back this morning 3rd cycle after the SD.  
I'm basically starting @ 70 to 75% of my 5RM, which I attained at the end of my 5s.
The weight wasn't near as tough as the cardio-breathing. My recovery definitely was'nt anerobic enough for me.  
I've been on the treadmill at 6-7 degrees of elevation 3.5 MPH for 1 hour x 7 days a week during the SD.  I thought I'd coast right through the 15s, since I'd been holding my own with the treadmill duing the SD = whew was I wrong.  
butbut.gif

I was having to hold for 2 to 3 minutes between sets for recovery, which has never been the case for me.  
I'm thinking the SD is a whole lot more than I suspected as far as putting my body back into 'let's build some muscle stage". The D in SD does stand for de-conditioning. LOL
Regardless, I walked away after completing about 10 exercises.  I usually do 14 to 16, but my gas tank was empty.
I'm not a slacker. I can tell you I did all the exercises properly with max effort and sweat. I sure don't feel like a muscle man now...I feel like I've been pulling a plow. LOL
I'm sure this will get better, since in the past it has. I just thought I'd share it, maybe it'll hit someone's hot button. LOL
I hope someone can enjoy misery...
laugh.gif

thumbs-up.gif

I have a similar response after SD (mine lasts 17 or 18 days). When I come back to the 15s, I feel like I'll never be able to keep increasing the weight with each workout. But I do. Each workout remains difficult all the way through the cycle. I think that if you've properly SDed that this is how it goes. I don't think that the first couple of workouts in a rep range are supposed to be easy; and if they are, I feel like something is wrong (weights are too light, sd wasn't long enough, etc.).

im clustering the 15's ala vicious and those are hard as all get go. 14 day sd+clustered 15's = sore
blush.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dreadrok @ May 17 2005,4:53)]im clustering the 15's ala vicious and those are hard as all get go.  14 day sd+clustered 15's = sore  
blush.gif
"Clustering 15's ?", he say's with an inquisitive expression.
Why?

cuz vicious said too =D... he told me why but it was all sciency.... ill look for his response and post it later.. =D
but it feels it working good thats for sure

Just finished my 2nd day of 15s after the SD...

I was so friggin sore this morning I could barely get out of bed. I immediately tried a few squats just outta the sack, and could barely get down and up. Wow! sore sore sore.

Regardless, I grunted my way to the gym.

Interesting...I was able to do a 10 exercise workout with an additional 2-1/2, 5 or 10 pounds per exercise. It was tough, but doable.

I'm not half as dead on my feet as I was after the first day of 15s after the SD. I just finished gagging down a protein shake...by gagging I mean it was NOT on the top of my list of fun things to do. LOL

So...off I go to work, all primed and prepped.

Back