Yet Another Idea for HST?

K

Key Of David

Since some extend the 5s, why don't we extend the 10s? There's no adaptation issues as 4-6 weeks of tens isn't going to make you go stale, you'll be increasing the volume by then switching to 5s.

Yall know I'm no expert so give your opinions please.
biggrin.gif

Some people grow best during the 10's. If you are one of them, you can certainly extend them. I wouldn't go past 4 weeks though. RBE is sneaky. You won't know when it happens. Personally, I find the 10's to be the most tedious and can't wait to get to the 5's. This cycle I am doing all rep ranges each week and find it the most stimulating mentally. Perhaps its all the changing of weights that is required.
biggrin.gif

my next cycle is gonna be like this:
Week 1: 2x15
Week 2: 1x15
Week 3: 4x10
Week 4: 2x10
Week 5: 1x10
Week 6: 3x5
Week 7: 2x5
Week 8: 1x5

no negs. last week of 5's is a balls-out week. new PRs on EVERYTHING and increasing the load by as much as i want to.

The 10s are with lighter weights, so if you are more conditioned then concievably RBE will catch up to you sooner. However, for newer trainees, this could be a good idea since the risk of injury and/or joint pain would be greatly reduced. I would still extend the 5s as well, however, if I were going to go about this approach.

You're right about the 10s. I don't respond as well as with the 5s. The idea was, though, that I DO respond, so I could prolong response/growth as long as possible. It would make sense since the 5s are a nice break and increase of volume and then you could even prolong those.

I probably won't try them this time around.....but its an idea.
biggrin.gif

Back