You guys suck...

suprarob

...I was led to believe this was easy. 15 reps, one set building up over two weeks. I actually found it a little tough and feel a huge difference. Will 10's and 5's be that much tougher???
biggrin.gif

Rob.

PS: I guess I need to find my 10 rep max now. How do I do this without overreaching before I even begin to build up to 10 rep max in two weeks???

<div>
(mport1 @ Feb. 19 2007,20:51)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">You were supposed to find your 15, 10, and 5 rep maxes before you started, not during the actual cycle.  Use this calculator to find the approximate max you should use for 10s and 5s and do not attempt to find your max now or you will screw up the weight progression.

http://members.tripod.com/strengt....tor.htm</div>
My bust. You rock dude!!!
tounge.gif

Thaniks,Rob.

No problem, and in my experience the 10s and 5s will not be that much tougher.

The reason why the 15s can be hard is that you have (hopefully) deconditioned your muscles through SD and the time off makes it much harder when you start the cycle. This is why when people take a long time off of working out they often cannot lift the same weight they had done previously with the same ease.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">No problem, and in my experience the 10s and 5s will not be that much tougher. </div>

Right- actually, a lot of us have found the 15s to be pretty hard- some have even lost their lunch over them (really- search the Forum).
biggrin.gif

Actually Mport, I think what you meant is DEconditioned.

I do 2 sets for 15's and believe me, the 10's feel like a vacation, despite the extra weight. Just keep workin' man.

<div>
(quadancer @ Feb. 19 2007,22:31)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Actually Mport, I think what you meant is DEconditioned.

I do 2 sets for 15's and believe me, the 10's feel like a vacation, despite the extra weight. Just keep workin' man.</div>
Yep, thats what I meant. Fixed.

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">You guys suck...</div>

Good attention grabber...suprarob!
wink.gif

You got all the help you needed though! So good luck...and don't forget to read up the FAQ e-book, even better is the link to most of the useful ones.

HST e-books and HST Minor principles

<div></div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Good attention grabber...mport1!
wink.gif
</div>

That was actually Suprarob that wrote that.

<div>
(quadancer @ Feb. 20 2007,10:12)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Well, Suprarob, do we suck or do we rock??? Ya gotta make up your mind or we'll be all confused and stuff...</div>
You guys rock!!! Fausto was right, I used it as an attention getter...sometimes a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do, lol
biggrin.gif

PS:I did run into one snag though. I have a rockin' Hoist setup at my house but it was cold so I went to the gym. I did not figure the bar differences (10-20lbs) and man am I sore. Did I screw up the weight progression???

<div>
(Fausto @ Feb. 20 2007,04:07)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">You got all the help you needed though! So good luck...and don't forget to read up the FAQ e-book, even better is the link to most of the useful ones.[/URL]</div>
THe FAQ doesn't help you lift the weight...I wish it did though...
tounge.gif

Back