You guys think this is enough??

Spyke

Since I am still in my first HST cycle I am still tweaking, I wanted to run this by you guys. First off I have dropped my seated leg press an leg curls on the machines. I have a bad back so I have stayed away from squats, but a guy at the gym who is a long time wrestling coach helped me to change my form on the squats and now they actually hurt my back less then seated leg presses
thumbs-up.gif
and the squats seem to be working my upper back like nothing else also! Still wont attempt deads or anything like that but this is huge for me!

Here is what my workout is lookin like now

bench 2 sets
chins 2 sets assisted
weighted dips 2 sets
squats 2 sets
calf raises 2 sets
military press 2 sets
curls 1 set
tri pushdowns 1 set

abs are 2 sets on cardio days

Goal is size and stength. Wanna get to 300 bench 1x max and 15 chins with my body weight then start cutting!

Howz it look?

Looks pretty good. I would alternate the dips and chins with the bench and add rows. If you don't do bent rows because of your back, do you go to a gym with a row bench (?) where you lay on your stomach?

Actually I can do seated cable rows.... Thanks

I do my tris on the cable machine with the rope attachment. I do my curls on the cable machine laying flat on my back on the floor. This way there is no cheating with leaning back and I get a full range of motion.

I don't see why you would alternate the dips and chins with bench and rows.. dips and chins are some of the best compound movements out there.

Spyke: When I asked about the iso's, I should have been more detailed in my question... how are you doing them in terms of the cycle. As you may or may not know, there has been some buzz around here about doing iso's in the 10's and 5's only. That is why I asked.

-Colby

Spyke

Looks good now and pretty simple.

I'd say don't tweak too much and get serious with progression now so that you can get the benefits!

Looks good. Simple with few exercises, just the way I like it.

Just keep plugging at it, mind your nutrition, and you are good to go.

Back