PDA

View Full Version : Creatine Loading

Redr
09-30-2002, 10:46 AM
For my next HST cycle Im gonna add Creatine to my suppliments. My question is, the 5 day loading period should I start during the last 5 days of the stragetic deconditioning or should I start the loading when I start the second HST cycle?

BIZ
09-30-2002, 11:38 AM
Wait until you start the second cycle. Your muscles will be in a more favorable state for absorption and insulin sensitivity should be better. IMO I do not load creatine b/c your body can only absorb so much at once. I have never seen a difference in strength gains, weight gain with a loading phase or just starting off with what "they" call maintenance. I take 10 grams after I workout with my post-exercise shake, and of all that I am probably only utilizing 3-4 grams of it.

Calkid
09-30-2002, 12:40 PM
A quote by Bryan in this forum area:
</span>
Quote[/b] ]There isn&#39;t a debate about the best time to take creatine. It is best to take it before you train. Now this doesn&#39;t mean that everybody will do this. They will still go on taking it whenever they want to.<span =''>

Just thought I&#39;d throw that out there.
-Calkid

s7e
09-30-2002, 05:20 PM
I did not load, I read a lot of post on WBB boards and it isnt needed from my understanding. Most people say you do not need to cycle it either.

skinnyman
03-10-2005, 08:52 AM
what? not every gram of creatine is being utilized by the body? http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/crazy.gif

has anyone experienced getting acne from creatine? http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif
i loaded one time and i got whacked with acne.
but i&#39;ve used an expensive creatine before that required no loading phase and i didn&#39;t get acne. weird.

Totentanz
03-10-2005, 09:45 AM
I&#39;ve never gotten acne from it, but it seems like everytime I start using creatine, a couple weeks later I get sick. Usually just a minor cold, but it&#39;s usually enough to screw up my workouts.

I&#39;m going to give creatine another chance next cycle though. The sickness thing could just be a coincidence, I suppose. I guess I&#39;ll find out if I get sick a couple weeks after I start using it again...

Dood
03-10-2005, 06:32 PM
Quote[/b] (skinnyman @ Mar. 10 2005,8:52)]but i&#39;ve used an expensive creatine before that required no loading phase and i didn&#39;t get acne. weird.
Research says you got ripped off. Creatine acts the same way in the body: Either load it to get your levels up in a week or just dose regularly and it will take about a month.

Tcup
03-11-2005, 01:18 AM
It doesn`t matter if you load or not. You get the same results although without loading it just takes a longer time to get to the plateu. Load 4 x 5g per day for 5 days and then 5g per day to the maintenance

Totentanz
03-11-2005, 08:52 AM
If you load your creatine, is there any point in dividing the doses up into 4 seperate doses? Would your body absorb significantly more creatine this way? Or would it be the same if you did it twice a day instead?

Cylus
03-15-2005, 06:20 PM
Four separate doses would just decrease the chance of saturating the transporter itself and excreting extra creatine. Regardless, in the end, you&#39;re still going to be limited by muscle saturation, not transporter saturation.