PDA

View Full Version : My HST cycle.

OneMoreRep
12-21-2004, 07:45 PM
i've been using a 6 scheudle fullbody both days just diff exercises...

i've been using 1 set of exercises this is sitill the 1st week of the 15s...

i don't feel the usual DOMS...

but i feel SLIGHTLY sore some of the time...

i suppose i don't notice it yet cuz the weights are still really light...

if i don't get sore you think this is a good or bad thing??
after all i am only using 1 set...

RipStone
12-21-2004, 07:52 PM
IMO it's not a good idea to do a full body routine 6 days a week. Your mucles grow on your off days and if are constantly tearing down muscle fiber you are not giving them time to be reapired, thus grow. If you wanna do a 6 day a week rotuine you should probably do divide your workout into two different routines...maybe push one day and pull the next.

vicious
12-21-2004, 08:22 PM
Quote[/b] ]if i don't get sore you think this is a good or bad thing??
after all i am only using 1 set...

Usually the only time I care about DOMS is my first day after SD. Even then, I'm looking for a little bit, just so that I know I've matched my decondioned state to my starting load.

Quote[/b] ]IMO it's not a good idea to do a full body routine 6 days a week. Your mucles grow on your off days and if are constantly tearing down muscle fiber you are not giving them time to be reapired, thus grow.

Actually, you really do start growing as soon as you've completed your workout. Within a few hours after workout, the delta between protein synthesis and breakdown is well into the positive.

That being said, glycogen levels may not be optimal since you'd be training so often. Your apparent size gains won't really manifest until you take that day off and eat up.

cheers,
Jules

OneMoreRep
12-21-2004, 10:24 PM
i had slight DOMS the day after very slight... more noticable in some part of the body then others.

OneMoreRep
01-02-2005, 05:00 PM
So i'm just about half way done my 1st week of 10s.

so far nothing is sore. not frying my CNS http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

i feel fuller. the weight feels suspisciously light.

the maxes i've uses might have been a little light... but they didn't seem that way originally..

n e ways. just a little update.

Old and Grey
01-02-2005, 05:13 PM
Rep, you can always adjust your weights mid cycle if you have underestimated your maxes. However, I would not bother unless your estimate is at least 5% low. Your body won't appreciably respond to that small a difference. http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

salihyz
01-03-2005, 01:28 AM
Quote[/b] (vicious @ Dec. 22 2004,4:22)]That being said, glycogen levels may not be optimal since you'd be training so often. Your apparent size gains won't really manifest until you take that day off and eat up.
we have some people here gaining EXTRA http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif ordinary mass training everyday full body routines...
well, if u are in this genetic FREAK http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif group then try it..
but many of us would find it really hard to achieve it...
tell me, do u have deadlifts and/or squats in your routine if not you may do it... but if u have think about it... when u reach you r maxes in the fives would u be able to cuntiniue reping that amount of deads/squats EVERYDAY??!!
anyway as vicious had said it training everyday is NOT optimal for mass gains, however to cut you may take it in consideration ( by lowering the maxess though)

Aaron_F
01-03-2005, 03:03 AM
Quote[/b] (salihyz @ Jan. 03 2005,7:28)]anyway as vicious had said it training everyday is NOT optimal for mass gains, however to cut you may take it in consideration ( by lowering the maxess though)
where did vicious say it was not optimal?

salihyz
01-03-2005, 05:38 AM
Quote[/b] (vicious @ Dec. 22 2004,4:22)]That being said, glycogen levels may not be optimal since you'd be training so often. Your apparent size gains won't really manifest until you take that day off and eat up.
here

Aaron_F
01-03-2005, 05:45 PM
you obviously have no clue what he was actually saying..

extremely frequent workouts lead to a depletion in muscle glycogen, even when taking in large quantities of dietary CHO. Its not until you have a day off depleting the glycogen and replete it, that you will actually see the 'true' gains.

vicious is NOT saying that training 6x weekly is not optimal

OneMoreRep
01-03-2005, 08:30 PM
Quote[/b] (Aaron_F @ Jan. 03 2005,5:45)]you obviously have no clue what he was actually saying..
extremely frequent workouts lead to a depletion in muscle glycogen, even when taking in large quantities of dietary CHO. Its not until you have a day off depleting the glycogen and replete it, that you will actually see the 'true' gains.
vicious is NOT saying that training 6x weekly is not optimal
im not sure i get what u are saying? could u clarify?

OneMoreRep
01-03-2005, 08:33 PM
Quote[/b] (Old and Grey @ Jan. 02 2005,5:13)]Rep, you can always adjust your weights mid cycle if you have underestimated your maxes. However, I would not bother unless your estimate is at least 5% low. Your body won't appreciably respond to that small a difference. http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif
i think i'll leave the weights this way through. and take new maxes after i complete my negatives.

Aaron_F
01-04-2005, 02:52 AM
Full body training, especially higher reps is extremely glycogen depleting. Training day after day will deplete the muscle of glycogen, and water. This means that the muscle will appear smaller due to the reduction of these within its tissues. On the off day/s when you are eating high levels of carbs, that will enable repletion of glycogen stores, and water, giving a larger appearance to the muscle than when training.

Even massive intakes of carbs may not keep up with the depleting effects of the training (I have had people up to ~8g/kg per day, and still not keeping pace with the depletion,and this was only 3x weekly fullbody)

If you train 6x weekly, eat a LOT

OneMoreRep
01-04-2005, 08:26 PM
interesting... maybe why bryan does 2x a day training rather then every day... ( i only do 1 set an exercise tho ..)

OneMoreRep
01-04-2005, 08:27 PM
how much is "alot" 20 cal per lb a day?

Aaron_F
01-04-2005, 10:44 PM
depends

http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif

imported_ectoman
01-04-2005, 11:11 PM
Hey Rep...just wondering how many sets you are going to do when you get to the 5's ?

OneMoreRep
01-05-2005, 05:14 PM
one. MAYBE 2. probably one this time around tho... but i am doing it 6 days a week...

OneMoreRep
01-15-2005, 06:33 PM
1st week of the 5s and no problems! training is going really good..

the workouts are short and i don't mind daily training... i actually look forward to it.

my strength is really good i feel milllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllldly sore every now and then.

next cycle i might increase to 2 cycles of each workout..

for example...

suppose on odd days i do.

Squat,incline,chins,shoulder raises,triceps,biceps, abs

i'd go through the circuit once. and then again rather then hitting the muscle with 2 sets at once...

but anyways!

just thought i'd let y'all know.

Jester
01-16-2005, 02:54 AM
How do you break up your weight progressions? Surely you don't make 12 steps of progression....? Do you double up - so sessions 1 and 2 have the same weights, sessions 3 and 4 the same and so on...?

Also, how are you finding the impact on your joints? I'm doing a 6 day upper-lower split for this cycle, and I'm tempted to try the 6 day full body routine.

OneMoreRep
01-16-2005, 10:34 AM
2 routines...

a different exercise for eahc muscle group

for example

routine A i use incline for chest
routine A i use chin ups for back
routine B i use Dips for chest
routine B i use Barbell Rows for back

OneMoreRep
01-21-2005, 04:55 PM
2nd week of 5s still feeling good!

no oversue injutires of signs of CNS burn out!

i feel fuller tho.. and more dense.

i think im gonna do a few weeks of negs after the 5s..

BoSox
01-21-2005, 05:15 PM
any quantifiable size/strength gains?

OneMoreRep
01-21-2005, 06:21 PM
well i havent measured yet im going to wait until the end of the cycle.

HOWEVER i can tell u the weight feels like it should be the 1st week of 5s.

Old and Grey
01-22-2005, 08:54 AM
The three keys to life:

Timing, timing, timing.

Location, location, location.

Frequency, frequency, frequency.

Rep, you may find that 6 days a week of negs is a bit taxing on your joints. You might want to consider alternating the negs with drop sets evry other day to help your joints and connective tissue by producing more lactic acid.

OneMoreRep
01-22-2005, 09:34 AM
Yea, that's true. or maybe i'll alt. between the max 5s and negs.

i'm going to have to add to my exercises next time. and increase my SD.

since i only used one work set, i think i need more exercises.

probably have a 14-16 day SD.

what do you guys think?

OneMoreRep
01-26-2005, 07:07 PM
I just finished the 5s..

some MINOR MINOR MINOR shoulder and elbow soreness. but not enough to stop me from doing some negs altleast 1 week of them....

over all i'd report that my muscles feel denser... they have a nice sore feeling. i feel like i can contract them harder as well... i'm guessing i've put on a few lbs of muscle.

My strength has gone up substantially.. i feel like i could EASILY put more weight on the bar next time around.

Next cycle, I'm toiling with the idea of doing.

Chin Ups x 2
Dips x 2
Squats x 2
Milatary Press x 2

Might add a row in there? not sure that it's nessasary.

in a circuit fashion tho --- rather then 2 consecutive chins i'd do 1 set of each then do it again.

every day --- maybe 2 times a day. (wont take much time to do that )

overall, i THOROUGHLY enjoy training often. http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

vicious
01-26-2005, 07:17 PM
Ah, training twice a day. You are a brave soul! http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif

At this point (assuming you don't want to try negatives), you'll want to spend a couple of days carbing up. This will give you a better idea of where your gains really are.

cheers,
Jules

OneMoreRep
01-26-2005, 07:43 PM
Yea man, Right now i've JUST finished the 5s and i don't suspect i'm going to be training everyday for the negatives...

so yea alot more carbing up!!!

My next cycle MIGHT be 2 a days 6 days a week... depending on what i decide .

Old and Grey
01-26-2005, 09:05 PM
Rep, are you saying 96 sets per week with the 2/6? Or are you spliting the 8 exercises into 2 rounds of 4 sets each day for 48 sets per week? 96 sets is a lot of volume for a natty.

OneMoreRep
01-27-2005, 11:12 PM
Um,

if i do 2 sets of 4 exercises that's be 8 x 2 a day so 16

16 * 6 = 96. yup.

I won't always have time to do 2 a days tho...

most likely i'd START with doing it 1 a day...

i won't boost it to 2 until i get the time...

What i was doing was 60 a week for this cycle? no problems...

Old and Grey
01-28-2005, 08:19 AM
I usually stick to between 50 and 60 sets per week. Much more than that and I get a bit fatigued and don't get the most from my workouts. If you can do 96 sets and get away with it, you are obviously better off than just doing 60. It's a very individual thing. I first notice it with a slight change in mental attitude even before I feel the physical effect. It will be interesting to see how you fare. I like your choice of exercises.

OneMoreRep
01-28-2005, 11:58 PM
thanks! i like these exercises to!

one thing i'v noticed training how i do... is i SLEEP SO WELL!!!!

i can literally lay down sleep within 10 minutes... wake up, feelin good.

Jester
01-29-2005, 07:10 AM
I've noticed that too -6x full body is like a tranquiliser...knocks you right out at the end of the day http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

skinnyman
02-01-2005, 07:17 AM
so according to my understanding... 6x a week is bad and 3x a week is good? http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif

BIZ
02-01-2005, 07:42 AM
Quote[/b] (skinnyman @ Feb. 01 2005,9:17)]so according to my understanding... 6x a week is bad and 3x a week is good? http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif
Nah, 6x/week is okay as long as volume is adjusted to fit your personal capabilities. There are different ways to do 6x/week as well. For instance, 6x/week total body with adjusted volume or 6x/week alternating lower and upper body, so each only gets trained 3x/week but you are in the gym 6x. 3x/week total body is ideal for those with limited schedules.

skinnyman
02-01-2005, 08:56 AM
thanks biz! so is my workout...4x a week tuesday to friday full body workout okay? but i didn't adjust the volume though... so far gains are great [except for arms]
thanks in advance! http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/worship.gif

BIZ
02-01-2005, 10:33 AM
Quote[/b] (skinnyman @ Feb. 01 2005,10:56)]thanks biz! so is my workout...4x a week tuesday to friday full body workout okay? but i didn't adjust the volume though... so far gains are great [except for arms]
thanks in advance! http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/worship.gif
4x/week is fine if that is what you can do. The only draw back I can see is that you will have three days before your next workout after Friday. Again, if that is how it has to be, then that's fine. It will definitely give you plenty of time to recover. As far as volume is concerned, it's a variable that can be adjusted on an individual basis. In other words, if it isn't hampering your progress (strength and muscle mass), then leave it as is.

OneMoreRep
02-20-2005, 02:47 PM
OK well.. at the end of that cycle i gained probably like 3-8 lbs... some fat i suspect. but as is expected.

My chest/back gained.

My legs gained.

My arms did not.

how much of either i'm not sure but i kno they did as they are bigger then usual...

my next cycle is 4 exercises.

SQUAT,DIPS,CHINS,MILATARY PRESS 2 sets ( in the typical 1 set for target reps and 2nd set stopping as rep speed drops) each 6 days a week.

Total volume of 48 sets a week.

I can't wait to start...

BTW i suspect i didn't gain much on arms from the previous cycle because i didn't get enough SD... i only took an 8 day SD.. and arms take a bit longer for SD i suspect. prior to that i had been cutting for 3-4 months w/o SD (using max 10 weight the whole time).

ANyWAYS this time i'm taking a full 14 day SD.

i'm excited about it!

OneMoreRep
02-25-2005, 07:29 PM
Did my new workout today...

i like it!!! got a CRAZY pump.

i think this one is a winner.

i MIGHT have overestimated my chin up strength... getting to 15 was a bit tuff...

BUT, i did rep them out slower then usually exaggerated pauses...anyone think this will be a problem?

maybe i should speed them up a bit.

vicious
02-25-2005, 07:38 PM
Made any changes to your setup, or is it still Big Four x 2?

BTW, forgot to add . . . you may want to a light 15s set during your 5s/post-5s. *This helps give you a more "optimistic" guage of where your gains really are.

cheers,
Jules

OneMoreRep
02-25-2005, 07:48 PM
still big 4

(squat, dips, chins, milatary press) x 2 each

not a bad idea. light 15s for a pump i like that idea.

vicious
02-25-2005, 07:53 PM
During 5s, you may want to start hanging with the chins after your set. *Just before lockout. *Go 20-60 seconds or so. *Do this before your light set. During post-5s, consider switching to strong-range partials for chins in order to continue progressive loading. Both will help out in the arms department.

cheers,
Jules

OneMoreRep
02-25-2005, 07:56 PM
THAT's gooood..

my chest and legs have been growing more then the arms.

OneMoreRep
02-25-2005, 07:58 PM
i'm a bit worried about my chin up strength now... i think i'm going to have to go a bit faster thru the reps...

vicious
02-25-2005, 08:04 PM
No worries. Just go faster. If your strength is fading during any part of HST, just go with the partials for awhile. You'll get the same net effect with strain-induced hypertrophy.

Usually, I'd go with adding stretch-point movements to speed up arms growth. But for the sake of simplicity, you may want to add in some of the DC/fascia stretches targeted for the arms. Add these during 5s.

cheers,
Jules

OneMoreRep
02-25-2005, 10:37 PM
Hey Viscous, how have your gains been?

what are your stats like??

how's your routine looking?

OneMoreRep
02-26-2005, 07:41 PM
just did my second workout n this routine... i gotta say i LOVE it so far GREAT pump.

OneMoreRep
02-28-2005, 10:54 PM
bump

skinnyman
03-03-2005, 12:24 AM
onemroerep - having read that your gains are great... how much are you eating? i'm using activity factor 1.5 just to be sure i don't lack in nutrients. http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif

and another question, do you do drop sets on your 5s? isn't 5s done 6x a week HELL? i assume it is but i've never tried that before..

thanks in advance http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/worship.gif

OneMoreRep
03-03-2005, 11:28 PM
i eat prolly 19 cal per lb BW a day...

my last cycle i did only 1 set each... the 5s were no problem at all actually..

not enuff volume i found tho... i'm doing 2 sets with less exercises this time around to see if there's a diff. ((i like it so far ==> short and so sweet) my next cycle i might up the volume aain to 3 just to see how it goes.)

Last cycle, after my 5s i did a few weeks of negs and kept up my 5 RM with squat since i couldn't do negs with that.

you'll find negs every day might be a bit tuff on the joints... dropping to every other day is prolly best for the negs...

When u first do 6 x a week u'll find ur self sore. but the pain fades and u'll be alright.

try it out and see how it works for you.

if u got n e more questions just ask, i'd be glad to help u out.

skinnyman
03-05-2005, 04:56 AM
onemorerep - you said that negs everyday would be tough on the joints.. would it be okay if i alternate negs with my 5RM? Like i'll do negs MWF and 5RM on T, TH?
thanks again i appreciate it http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/thumbs-up.gif

OneMoreRep
03-06-2005, 12:26 PM
I thought about doing that. i don't see why not?

it might work.

You could try it out and see how it works for you.

but if your joints get sore you might wanna drop the 5s.

http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif

OneMoreRep
03-06-2005, 02:19 PM
Little update, after the first 3-4 days i was pleasently sore from this routine.

i'm not sore at all now.

i'm thinking i might have to up it to 3 sets next time around.. or add something.

but then again i'm still in the 15s.

Jester
03-07-2005, 03:07 AM
That pretty much parallels my 6x thru the 15s. The soreness lasted for the first 5 days, and then after stretching it was gone until the last workout/start of the 10s.

OneMoreRep
03-07-2005, 09:46 PM
yea i like to be slightly sore most of the time. i'm not at all now. bugs me.

OneMoreRep
03-07-2005, 09:54 PM
i do get a HUGE full body pump when i'm done tho.. and HUge lactic acid burn..

skinnyman
03-07-2005, 11:50 PM
ok i'm doing 5x a week and i just finished my 5th day of my 10s. i got DOMS in my left shoulder and left bicep from the day before and therefore got a hard time finishing their second set. i've decided to do only 3x (or 4x) a week in my 5s because i might fry my CNS too much. http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/confused.gif

OneMoreRep
03-08-2005, 12:27 PM
what's your routine look like?

skinnyman
03-08-2005, 08:22 PM
oh for now i don't do back workouts because something is wrong with my back. lol. it lacked stretching and therefore got too hard and it hurts. i got a massage but it's not yet fully healed.. my routine is..

in order:
dumbell press
inclined hammer curls
shoulder press <--got troubled here
lying tricep extension <--went ok but i can feel my shoulders working out

that's it http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif i have no idea why i fried my CNS. maybe lack of sleep(?) right now, i feel my left shoulder still can't workout. i rested today and i'll resume tom.

OneMoreRep
03-09-2005, 04:27 PM
how much sleep are you getting? how much are you eating?

BTW i like short W/Os, great intensity.

(do you do legs on an alternate day?)

skinnyman
03-09-2005, 09:37 PM
yea short workouts are great. you still got the energy you have from the first workout to the last.
i get 6 hours of sleep.
i've decided not to do chest and shoulders at the same day because of that http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif i guess my body can't take it anymore. but what's weird is that i've done this before but the shoulder soreness never occurred. but now.. here it is. http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/tounge.gif
onemorerep - how's your 6x a week cycle going?
i'm starting my 5s tom. i'll see if i can take 5x a week of it. i hope i don't die. http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/laugh.gif

OneMoreRep
03-11-2005, 10:47 AM
on this new cycle i start first day of 10s today.

looking forward to it!

6 hours of sleep is not TOO TOO bad.... might want to aim for around 7-8 tho.

OneMoreRep
03-11-2005, 10:52 AM
i am starting to think next cycle i'll add a few more sets.

pump it up to three sets total... and/or maybe add some bent over rows and incline bench (if i feel the need) i'll prollly do it one at a time tho. i like to keep variables to a minimum from routine to routine...

OneMoreRep
03-18-2005, 06:00 PM
Started the second week of 10s today.

everything is going pretty well!! weights are getting nice and heavy.. but still VERY managable. not getting the same pump as i was from the 15s but none the less i still feel fuller then usual.

OneMoreRep
04-08-2005, 10:06 PM
Just finished the final week of 5s.

Everything is good, no problems.

i think i am going to just continue with 5s and increase the weight on each lift..

strength is REALLY good. especially on milatary press... i feel like i could easily increase 10 lbs on each lift next time no problem at all.

OneMoreRep
04-08-2005, 10:11 PM
On thing i think i should not is Although my BF is going up... my arms are gaining vascularity.

Jester
04-08-2005, 10:33 PM
How do you measure BF increase?

OneMoreRep
04-09-2005, 12:58 PM
i can tell by the fat on my waist area. and i have a caliper.

OneMoreRep
04-23-2005, 10:34 PM
i just took measurements before my next cycle.

my legs grew quite a bit... and i didn't gain much weight...

gained probably like 5-6 lbs legs seem to be an inch bigger. which to me... doesn't seem right perhaps an off measurement???

(bodyfat only went up by maybe a % IF that, not alot at all.

everything else seems bigger, except arms which haven't grown much...

my new routine is the following,

SQUAT
DIPS
CHINS
MILATARY PRESS

all for 3 sets...

and in the evening a will perfrom a few sets of deadlifts.

i would like to note that i will be eating ALOT for this next cycle...

holler at me.

OneMoreRep
04-24-2005, 12:55 PM
Bump for comments.

Jester
04-24-2005, 08:03 PM
What's the frequency for the next cycle?

Also, do you do any isolation work during the 5s - like loaded stretches, burn sets etc...? Just curious.

OneMoreRep
05-04-2005, 12:37 AM
Same freq. 6 days a week. nope i keep is the same all the way through... might add some arm stuff... as they don't seem to be responding as yet.

vicious
05-04-2005, 02:29 AM
Some ideas:

1) Since you're going for 3 sets, you may want to experiment with true cluster training with increasing rest periods. Basically, during 10s, you switch to cluster minisets of 3-5 reps, starting out with very short rest periods (15-30 seconds) and shoot for 30 reps. During 5s, with cluster sets of 1-3 reps, you shoot for 15+ reps starting with 5-15 second rest periods. Increase rest periods significantly as fatigue builds. This is roughly based on Vince Gironda's rep matrix ideas, albeit it's a bit lower in the overall volume, and it's not that dissimilar to the 20-rep programs you may have seen in the past.

2) Add in the burn set during 5s.

3) During post-5s, work with strong range partials during chins and rows and keep increasing weight.

4) During post-5s, see if you can bump up the load one or two more times for dips and military press.

5) If still unsatifsfied with your arms, try adding in loaded stretches that targets the arms.

cheers,
Jules

OneMoreRep
06-13-2005, 01:27 PM
Alright, well i finished my last cycle a week early as my lower back was bugging me. I've decided i want to cut it up now...

Will probably use the following schedule;

Squat 3 sets
Dips 3 sets
Chin ups 3 sets
Milatary press 3 sets

6 Days a week...

It's alright to use HST while cutting right? i'm not going to loose any MUSCLE, well... as little as possible?

I figure i'll just increase cardio and my reps goes from 15 - 10 - 5

so during the first week of 5's i'll do 10 minutes

1st week- 10 minutes
2nd week- 15 minutes
3rd week- 25 minutes
4th week- 30 minutes
5th week- 40 minutes
6th week- 45 minutes
7th week- undecided
8th week- undecided

( i don't usually do drop sets or 2 reppers but i might keep up the 5s until my strength gains stop )

My diet i'm unsure of right now...

I'm thinking it will be very very plain tho...

i plan to create the most of my calorie deficit through cardio this time around...

I might cycle carbs... Any tips? or ideas?

OneMoreRep
06-13-2005, 01:30 PM
Also i want increase the progression weights...

i've been using 5 lbs for upper body and 10 for squat.. think i'll try 10 lbs for upper body and 15 lbs for lower body.

steini
06-14-2005, 05:21 AM
How do you manage your progression?

Up the weights every other day, or once a week?

OneMoreRep
06-14-2005, 09:57 AM
i up the weight everyother workout...

it's the same as the regular HST except i repeat each workout 2 times for example..

Monday's W/O is repeated on tuesday
Wednesday's on thursday ... etc...

imported_gripstrength
08-02-2005, 11:55 PM
Hey OMR, I'm wondering about your current routine--if you'd be good enough to update what you've been doing, I'd be curious to read about it.

Based in part on your experience, I've been thinking of 6-times-weekly training too, alternating two routines to keep things fresh and interesting. It might look something like this:

Workout A:
Squats
Bent-Over Rows
Dips
Military Presses
Standing calves or donkey calf raises

Workout B:
Deads
Pull-ups
Incline dumbbell bench
Lateral raises
Seated calf raises

Besides your arms, did you feel any other bodypart got overlooked or didn't receive adequate stimulation? I actually think this looks pretty comprehensive. Also, have you continued to be generally pleased with your results?

OneMoreRep
08-04-2005, 01:17 AM
I replied via PM, if you have any other concerns just give me a shout through PM. http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/smile.gif