PDA

View Full Version : I didn't know where to put this so i put it here

BigJ
08-08-2003, 09:31 AM
I am currently getting a headache around midway through my workout.

Is this due to low blood sugar or something?

How do i stop it?

Any ideas appreciated...

Christopher Peacock
08-08-2003, 12:10 PM
could well be hydration

what type of workout are u doing when u get them, cardio weights, other?

Chris

Singleton
08-08-2003, 12:11 PM
Could be that you are dehydrated. Try drinking more water before and while you train.

Mindwraith
08-08-2003, 02:20 PM
Drink 16 oz before leaving to work out. Take a gatoraid with you. Drink some gatoraid before starting, then throughout until the end.

If that doesn't work, aspirin prior to working out might.

[xeno]Julios
08-08-2003, 08:30 PM
when i first started working out, I used to get exertional headaches - intense mothas - they'd last for up to a week, and be quite debilitating.

It was like a double throbbing up a dual pathway from my neck to my head, and the onset was when i exerted myself in chinups or squats for example - the weeks following, the slightest thing could set it off, even light cycling (though it wouldn't be as intense then).

I started taking an aspirin just before working out, and the problem disappeared - i did this for a month, then stopped aspirin, and problem has never reappeared.

I think it was blood pressure related - coz movements like squat raise BP very suddenly to very high levels from what i've heard.

Does this sound at all like what you were experiencing?

Bob Evans
08-09-2003, 10:06 AM
there was another thread about this. I forgot where it is. It is a not so uncommon occurance. I know that is of little help. I will try to find the thread. -- Bob

BigJ
08-11-2003, 08:56 AM
It is during weight lifting workouts.

It could very well be the hydration thing. I'll see if more liquid helps - thanks again..