Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: new equipment technology

Lightbulb

This is ideal for inducing growth. If you ever get a chance to use this equipment, please report back to us.

http://www.yoyotechnology.com/

"YoYo Technology AB (Inc.) has developed a revolutionary patented strength training system using flywheel(s) - which replaces weight plates and other resistance training devices relying on gravity. YoYo's resistance is provided by spinning flywheels, very much like a child's yoyo, hence the name "YoYo", with the strap being wound and unwound around the axle of a fixed flywheel. A concentric (positive) muscle action overcomes the inertia of the flywheel setting it spinning on low friction bearings, while a subsequent eccentric (negative) muscle action is used to overcome the inertial force of the spinning flywheel."

-bryan
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

I think Bowflex has already began marketing it or something similar here in the states

http://www.bowflexrevolution.com/bowflex....Gym.jsp
    Dan

I'm not really interested in a machine right now, but I can't help but be a little curious about this stuff. *I see nothing in the Spiraflex (system behind Bowflex Revolution) information pertaining to eccentrics and the minimal descriptions provided indicate it uses elastic polymers, not a flywheel. *However, I couldn't find much detail during a quick internet search.

Might be worth a visit to a local retailer this weekend to just try it out.

Interesting.

<div>
    (Ruthenian @ Jan. 08 2007,15:21)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I&#39;m not really interested in a machine right now, but I can&#39;t help but be a little curious about this stuff. *I see nothing in the Spiraflex (system behind Bowflex Revolution) information pertaining to eccentrics and the minimal descriptions provided indicate it uses elastic polymers, not a flywheel. *However, I couldn&#39;t find much detail during a quick internet search.

Might be worth a visit to a local retailer this weekend to just try it out.</div>
    Wasn&#39;t sure. I&#39;m very familar with Tesch&#39;s work and his ergometer and knew the Yo-Yo system that Bryan pointed out was based on it but wasn&#39;t sure about the Boxflex and didn&#39;t take a lot of time investigating it. Good to know
    Dan

http://www.yoyotechnology.com/fly.html

Give me that big pile of iron on the floor anyday

Shut up and lift, dude...

Just make sure you rest and eat enough too

I&#39;ve done hydraulic resistance machines, rubber band junk, soloflex, and air resistance.
    AIN&#39;T NUTHIN&#39; FEELS LIKE STEEL&#33;&#33;&#33;
    YOU GOTTA CLANK WHEN YA CRANK&#33;&#33;&#33;

AAAAARRRGHHH&#33; think I&#39;ll go eat somethin&#39;...
    I do because I can.
    I can because I do.

Squat, bench, chin, deadlift, dip, row. The rest is secondary.

LOL quad&#33; I agree&#33;

Well, the technical way to say it would be &quot;Nothing beats Gravity&#33;&quot; since free-weights are nothing but basic tools for us to resist gravity with our muscles.....just what they were designed to do&#33;
    -Carl

Question

Dudes&#33; I&#39;m with you. *However, natural curiosity does occassionally compel me to try and see how this sort of thing works. *

Besides all the arguments about natural plain of motion, etc., my beef with machines is that they are not standardized -- if you go out of town to another gym, who knows how the weight on that contraption compares to the one you have been using. *However, as long as gravity keeps working, 150 lbs of weight is always 150 lbs of weight -- at least on this planet **.

lol, I&#39;m with Quad

I&#39;ve got to see or read about other guys who are at least as big as I am using it before I&#39;ll try it. * That&#39;s the only reason I&#39;m finally getting an incline hammer strength machine. *Read too many good things about them

Versa Gripps > Any other strap made