Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: new equipment technology

The idea reminds me of that toy we used to make when we were little kids...you'd take a disc and put a couple small holes in the center, put a loop of string thru them and wind it up...and you'd pull the loop ends with the disc in the middle and it would spin one direction, then the other. Has to be something like that principle, only you'd resist it spinning once past the "center" point.

I can't imagine how that thing amused us for very long...
    I do because I can.
    I can because I do.

Squat, bench, chin, deadlift, dip, row. The rest is secondary.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Bowflex is using a spring mechanism. The yo-yo uses inertia and momentum of a heavy "iron" flywheel. The resistance is very different as is the speed of movement curve.

<div>
    (stevejones @ Jan. 08 2007,22:54)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">* That&#39;s the only reason I&#39;m finally getting an incline hammer strength machine. *Read too many good things about them</div>
    You are going to love the machine.

Its great for increasing the load and being safe.

Which is why I love it&#33;

Bryan is a big fan of hammerstrength I believe.

<div>
    (Joe.Muscle @ Jan. 28 2007,14:25)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
    (stevejones @ Jan. 08 2007,22:54)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">* That&#39;s the only reason I&#39;m finally getting an incline hammer strength machine. *Read too many good things about them</div>
    You are going to love the machine.

Its great for increasing the load and being safe.

Which is why I love it&#33;

Bryan is a big fan of hammerstrength I believe.</div>
    Already have it, and you&#39;re right, I love it. I&#39;m a &quot;front delt pusher&quot; when it comes to presses, and I have to work extra hard to stick my chest out and focus so my pecs do the work. I&#39;ve always been very partial to free weights, but it&#39;s much easier to stick those pecs out on this machine than a regular incline bench.
    Versa Gripps > Any other strap made

Interesting principle, sounds like it could work.

However, I&#39;d still be rather skeptical and I am sure it willnot be cheaply available either.

I&#39;ll stick with Peak here, give the pile of iron on the floor anyday&#33;
    Be open, be kind, most of all learn what you can from others, teach also without reservations, because by doing for others it will be done for you!

Soldier on!

Took a bit of searching but I finally found the valid site:
    http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/__8_pro....45.html

They sure don&#39;t GIVE this stuff away&#33; Steve, is their isolateral unit the one you use?
    I do because I can.
    I can because I do.

Squat, bench, chin, deadlift, dip, row. The rest is secondary.

<div>
    (quadancer @ Feb. 25 2007,08:28)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Took a bit of searching but I finally found the valid site:
    [URL=http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/8_pro....45.html[/URL]

They sure don&#39;t GIVE this stuff away&#33; Steve, is their isolateral unit the one you use?</div>
    Yes, I got the iso lateral wide chest. A World Gym about 60 miles away had the regular iso lateral one and everytime I used it my chest was really sore afterwards and liked the way it worked my pecs. So, I ordered the WIDE one and it&#39;s great. I&#39;m not using it right now, but I will after I finish my powerlifting program and go back to bbing for a while. This machine and dumbbell flyes are the only things I can do to make my chest work like I want. Even cable flyes don&#39;t do it for me. The inventor of this machine must have had huge boulder shoulders and tiny little bitch tits like me.
    Versa Gripps > Any other strap made

Quote Originally Posted by Peak_Power View Post
    Give me that big pile of iron on the floor anyday
    I feel the same way. And not without reason, so much of training is psychological. I just love my weights, and the sound they make when I'm loading and unloading the bar. The sight they make when I'm putting up a good amount, etc.