Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: SCI's HST cycle

<div>
    (scientific muscle @ May 23 2007,21:09)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Pulled 375 pounds today. *Double-overhand grip, no straps, just a belt. *Technically this is a PR, but it wasn&#39;t that hard, and I am pretty sure I could pull 405 with a mixed grip. *Just don&#39;t want to push myself too hard just yet.</div>
    Nice lift on the 375 - don&#39;t count your chickens on the 405 - post it when you&#39;ve done it&#33; That will be a great lift.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

I&#39;ll do it next week then&#33;
    -Carl

Look forward to seeing it - it can be done&#33;

<div>
    (scientific muscle @ May 24 2007,04:56)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I&#39;ll do it next week then&#33; </div>
    LMAO

This cycle got royally ***ked. I am in the 7th week of my training cycle and it is not going anywhere like as planned. Without going into detail I ended up only being &#39;on&#39; for weeks 3-6, and now I am out. Anyway, I have made some nice gains and PCT will be a breeze with such a low dosage and short cycle. I am currently around 206 and eating at maintenance. In a short time I will be cutting.
    Even though the cycle got all screwed I got stronger and made some nice gains.
    Legs are thick, pecs, delts, and traps got bigger. Arms and lats didn&#39;t make much visible progress. I should look really good once I cut down to about 190 and under 10% bf. Strength is up and I am simply maintaining right now on PCT.

To those who were watching my log...sorry it didn&#39;t go as planned. I will still post before and after pics at the end of the training cycle.
    -Carl

That&#39;s not good mate - 1st cycle is supposed to be the best gains. Can you look elsewhere to continue it?

Sorry it didn&#39;t work out as planned, sci. On the bright side, if you didn&#39;t find the bulk all that rewarding, you are sure to find the cut rewarding Certainly, no vitamins are needed to get shredded. Best of luck&#33;

Damnit&#33; I didn&#39;t even get 405 off the floor. I am not even sure what the weak link is, but I have a feeling its my glutes. I felt alot of tension developing in the hip area but it felt insufficient to get the weight moving. It is definitely a lack of hip strength, hopefully the squats back in my routine will help.
    You 400+ deadlifters must have big asses&#33;
    Sometimes I wish I were just a bit shorter to have better leverage.

Oh well, I am typing in frustration, I guess I&#39;ll go back to it and deadlift 315 for as many reps as possible.
    -Carl

Yeah, we taller guys are at a bit of a disadvantage. I know short people who pull over 400 easily but surely don&#39;t look like they can even lift a soup can. It sucks, but oh well.

About the big ass comment... uh, yeah, that seems to be true. I get called &quot;big butt&quot; at work a lot.

Didn&#39;t you rack pull over 400 a while back?
    PRs:

Squat - 485 lbs
    Bench - 315 lbs
    Deadlift - 635 lbs
    Total - 1435 lbs

Yeah, I can rack-pull 400, I guess since the hips are at a mechanical advantage. That extra bit of flexion in regular deadlift makes it that much harder. I may add platform deadlifts to help bring up this weak point.
    I am in a terribly bad mood since failing the lift. It really pisses me off. I may even try Ed Coan&#39;s deadlift routine next. Its suppose to either greatly increase your deadlift or kill you in the process....
    -Carl