Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Deadlift Bar Jack

<div>
    (stevejones @ Nov. 18 2008,12:24)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">I&#39;m not too happy with it, because I still have to lean over and put the plates on the bar. *I thought about making the stem taller, but it wouldn&#39;t take long for the stem to break away from the flange if that happened.</div>
    The trouble is that the higher you want to raise the bar the more leverage you need and hence the longer the handle and/or better purchase you are going to need. That&#39;s ok for a big jack but probably not for a light, portable one - even if the handle was detachable.

I would have thought that about 4 inches off the ground would be a good enough improvement over the plate-on-the-floor alternative. No?
    "Be the best that you can be."

PR's:
    Deadlift: 215kg (474lb) - pre-hernia!
    Low-bar Back Squat: 190kg (419lb) 16/04/10 @BW ~210lb
    Bench: 130kg (287lb) 01/02/13
    Total: 1,180lb
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

Yeah...don&#39;t like to bend over with plates anymore. I blame my form on the leg press. I&#39;ve been going too low and rounding my back some, messing up my lower back.
    Versa Gripps > Any other strap made

You guys are doing things the hard way. I retired my bar jack as being too dang slow.
    I put down either a spring collar, like Lol, or put down not a 25 lb. plate, but a little 2.5 lb. plate to roll the inside plate up on. Even a 1/4&quot; thick piece of rubber, plywood or shoe sole...then you merely have to roll the plate up to the bar and only have to lift it 1/4&quot; to slip on and slide it in.
    Kinda like having the girl get on top. Much easier, no strain.
    I do because I can.
    I can because I do.

Squat, bench, chin, deadlift, dip, row. The rest is secondary.

<div>
    (quadancer @ Nov. 27 2008,12:02)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">Kinda like having the girl get on top. Much easier, no strain.</div>
    pathetic
    Versa Gripps > Any other strap made

1/4&quot; They say size don&#39;t matter - but I can&#39;t see any bird climbing aboard for that; besides which anything under 1&quot; surely becomes a health &amp; safety issue&#33;

I&#39;ve joined Bally&#39;s gym lately for reasons of my own, and they have two different type of plates, one being a bit larger than the other. I find that if I put the large one on the inside, I can merely roll the others to the end of the bar, tilt them on, and push them in with my foot. No lifting or back strain whatsoever. They slide off as easily.
    So now, I&#39;ve even eliminated the 2lb plate lift&#33;
    I do because I can.
    I can because I do.

Squat, bench, chin, deadlift, dip, row. The rest is secondary.

Quad - I have sort of the same deal going. The difference for me is that I managed to get two 45 lb bumper plates, and I keep those on my bar at all times... Makes it a lot easier to load plates.
    PRs:

Squat - 485 lbs
    Bench - 315 lbs
    Deadlift - 635 lbs
    Total - 1435 lbs

Default Deadlift Bar Jack

Anything above 500lb is a decent deadlift. It all depends on how much youre putting into it and if youre tapping into your full potential. What are your goals deadlift-wise?

Quote Originally Posted by vialiarof View Post

Anything above 500lb is a decent deadlift. It all depends on how much youre putting into it and if youre tapping into your full potential. What are your goals deadlift-wise?
    While I certainly agree that anything above 500 lb is a decent deadlift, some allowances must be made with regard to weight class. My short term goal is a 350 lb deadlift in the 132 lb weight class.

Long term? 405 might be nice -- four 45 lb plates on both ends of the bar, but given my size and age, I'm not sure yet if that's gonna be doable.

I used a deadlift bar jack for the first time this week. My new gym has all sorts of toys the the YMCA doesn't even dream about.
    Pull Up -- BW+55 March 13, 2011
    Dip -- BW+55 January 30, 2011
    Bench Press -- 150 lbs. March 12, 2009
    Front Squat -- 215 lbs. January 20, 2011
    Back Squat -- 285 lbs. January 30, 2011
    Deadlift -- 345 lbs. January 26, 2011

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Simplify & Win