Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DIY GHR

<div>
    (faz @ Jul. 13 2009,5:17)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">i just lean across two benches and my mate sits on my ankles.</div>
    I miss hyper extensions. How do you suppose I could pull that off with one spotter and one adjustable bench (plus chairs if needed)?
    The Road to 10% // Many of life&#39;s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. -Thomas Edison
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Share with Facebook

<div>
    (colby2152 @ Aug. 19 2009,6:39)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE"><div>
    (faz @ Jul. 13 2009,5:17)</div><div id="QUOTEHEAD">QUOTE</div><div id="QUOTE">i just lean across two benches and my mate sits on my ankles.</div>
    I miss hyper extensions. *How do you suppose I could pull that off with one spotter and one adjustable bench (plus chairs if needed)?</div>
    try and lodge your heels under something(radiator,chair with weights on etc),and use the bench to support you.
    to know what is known as known and what is not known as not known is knowledge.

Here&#39;s a real easy reverse hyper attachment for your squat rack.http://www.joeskopec.com/hyper.html

Thanks Bax. Nice simple idea. It just requires a bit of thought to add a foot plate and ankle/leg retainer/rest to work effectively.
    "Be the best that you can be."

PR's:
    Deadlift: 215kg (474lb) - pre-hernia!
    Low-bar Back Squat: 190kg (419lb) 16/04/10 @BW ~210lb
    Bench: 130kg (287lb) 01/02/13
    Total: 1,180lb

I think what there doing with this is hanging a dumbbell or plates around the ankles and lifting the legs up and down. *If you shorten up the bench a little and make it wider maybe you could use some extra rack pins with foam wrapped around it to support the ankles. *Just a thought.