Upgrade for home gym

Discussion in 'Home Exercise Equipment' started by Bryan Haycock, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Bryan Haycock

Bryan Haycock Administrator Staff Member

I recently had the opportunity to upgrade the plates in my home gym. I've had my old Standard Barbell stuff for many years. Served me well, but my new Hampton rubber coated plates are pure luxury compared to the old iron. grayolympicplatelarge.jpg Lrg_HOGu_cu.jpg lrg_HOG-Urethane.jpg

2. ZAK1

ZAK1 New Member

Nice plates Bryan. I too upgraded my home gym recently and replaced standard barbell and plates with an Olympic bar and easy grip plates. I found that a revolving Olympic bar is a lot easier to lift than a non-revolving standard one.

3. Lol

Lol Super Moderator Staff Member

4. faz

faz Active Member

only problem with the rubber coated ones,is when the rubber wears at certain points,usually at the grip part,we have them in the gym it might be through getting dropped not sure.

5. TunnelRat

TunnelRat Active Member

I've been going to a different YMCA that has recently upgraded all its gym equipment. I agree: the new rubber-coated plates are nice.

6. CDB

CDB New Member

I miss the sound of the plates when I used rubber coated ones. Pure psychological BS, but I like the sound of the metal plates hitting each other and jiggling during the reps. Gripwise, yeah, the older plates ain't so good.