Clarence Kennedy

Discussion in 'Hypertrophy-Specific Training (HST)' started by nativetroutbum, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Lol

Lol Super Moderator Staff Member

I'm hoping Clarence gets to the 2016 Olympics and puts in a good showing. He certainly has the potential to do well.

Form looks pretty darn good to me, considering that it's 3 x bw and he is in O-shoes. Yes, he's wearing straps but it's 280kg and he's a 92kg lifter! I've seen worse form in 1 x bw deadlifts. :)

2. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

Does he even lift?

3. Lol

Think I'll get a t-shirt made up with that on it.

"Clarence Kennedy... Does he even lift?"

Or perhaps this:

"3 x bodyweight squat? Do you even lift?"

:D

4. Sci

Sci Well-Known Member

Kid has got some serious posterior chain! He basically just hamstrings it up, incredible. Olympic lifters rarely have the "show-muscles", so they dont look like bodybuilders, since they really don't need much in the way of arms, chest or lats. However, their legs and also back thickness is awesome. Just stuff you can't see much in clothes, not "show-muscles."

His back rounds quite a bit, but heck, that's amazing. My back would just break! I would be psyched to have that kind of back strength.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  5. Jester

Jester Well-Known Member

They tend to have pretty good physiques in the lower weight divisions. Biceps and chest are definitely lacking compared to traps, shoulders and thighs, glutes.

6. Lol

7. I agree, I wasn't meaning to critique his form, I just noticed a little back rounding, so it wasn't "PERFECT" form; but then again, at 3xBW it shouldn't be perfect form unless you are from another planet.

Clarence Kennedy is damn near "other planet" strength.